Fuel Pump

milesengineer2

I am working on a T-Type that has a hot wire kit. This morning the car would start and idle well but as soon as you give it a little throttle the car went dead then revved the dead then revved. The scanmaster was giving me a 34 code, maf I believe. So I changed to a known good maf and the car wouldnt start. Changed back to the maf and translator and nothing.
So started doing some probing and found that the car has a hot wire kit on it, but has good voltage from the alt to fuse and from the fuse back.

I have 2 questions

#1 Does a hotwire kit have a relay

#2 If you are using a hotwire kit is there a fuse in the box that controls anything associated with the kit?

Thanks

yes there is a relay box...it should be hanging right where you connect to the stock wiring right by the tank...

yes it is fused and the fuse should be placed in the engine compartment near the alternator where that end of the hotwire hooks up...

Thanks for the reply.

Just went under the car and found the relay. There are three wires coming out of it to a plug that goes to the fuel pump. A red wire purple wire and black wire.

I tested the red wire with key on, no voltage.

Purple wire key on like 9 volts, bounced a little.

What now? Relay or something else. The fuse up in the engine compartment is good.

Still stumped.

Thanks