Fuel Pump & Sender Recommendation

SpeedRacerX

The search function has been down for me.

I'd love to hear recommendations on Fuel Pump and Sender options. I need to replace my TurboTweak 255lph fuel pump. I want to replace the sender unit too. I have the Hot Wire kit, stock fuel lines, adjustable FPR, 60# injectors, 6262, alky, 25# boost max and I just need something reliable (as much as possible) to support anywhere from mid 10s to low 11s. Will see the track 1-2x per year at most.

Full Throttle has the whole Racetronix 255lph kit. Pump and Sender. I don't think I need the bigger 300-400 units, especially with stock fuel lines.
Nick, ArizonaGN, offers the DW pumps with the billet sender but the price is a little steep.
Other vendors have the DW pumps too but then I have to find a good sender.

I really only want to go through this once if possible and support my goals.

Any recommendations?

The DW 300 on your stock hanger would be my suggestion. Make absolutely sure your wiring and grounds in good working order.

Walbro 450 and chop off the necked down parts of the supply line in the stock sender you already have.

None of the larger pumps will work with the stock return line unless you have minimal voltage going to the pump. The Hotwire kit will get the bigger pumps going and over power the line. If you want to go fast your gonna need to replace one of your lines. I use a -8 feed line and use the stock feed line as the return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock Hangers are 30+ years old, restrictive and the wiring is terrible. We sell the Racetronix pump assemblies for this reason. I talk to at least one person a week who buys a DW300 pump and then it fails due to the wiring not being upgraded. They are then only left with the option to buy a Racetronix hanger, which would have put them in a better position from the start.

The racetronix senders are drop in solutions for these cars. I would absolutely recommend the 255LPH Racetronix sender for the OP's vehicle.

I just installed their newest 450 and AN 6 and 8 fuel lines. Seems fine so far. I would fabricate the fuel lines myself if I had to do it again. I'm not thrilled with the way I had to run the fuel lines for everything to fit.

I do like the new hanger and sending unit. It doesn't have AN fittings on it but takes quick disconnect fittings which work well.
This is the type fitting that goes on their new hangers. http://racetronix.com/product/FLK-G7/FLK-G7B3-3-L.jpg

You need to plan for your future and do this only once like you mentioned.

I just got the Racetronix 510lph kit and harness from Full Throttle and im stoked. Looks like a bad ass setup, wiring looks like its quite a chore though.

Thanks everyone. I ordered a Racetronix kit from Full Throttle. In final assembly by Racetronix so it might be 10-14 days before I see it. All good. Appreciate everyone's input.

Going through withdrawal bad waiting for this Racetronix fuel pump kit to show up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hey Randy,

Did you get the sending unit with AN fittings on it, or with the quick-disconnect fittings?

I know you said in the past you were running race gas, so those 60lbers will work for now.

If you need to upgrade your fuel lines, I would only do the return line for now. You will not need to upgrade your fuel feed line while you're running our billet WORK 6262 unit.