fuel pump problem

78olds

i was woundering when i am craking the fuel presure is at 29 to 32 psi is that low the engine is a 355 twin turbo the pump is a paxton 1000 pump what can i do next thanks dave

You probably are going down to 11.0-10.9 volts on cranking. This is not a good way to check your pump. Start the car check the voltage at the pump, use at least 10 AWG wire and a hot wire kit. Your flow required will depend on the boost level and hp level you want to achieve. To support 1000 hp or 800rwhp you will need as a safety factor 1000hp x .6lb/hp=600 lbs fuel/hr / 6.2lbs per gal /60 mins= 1.61 gals@min @ 43 psi + your boost psi.

SO set your fuel pressure reg to the 43+ your estimated boost and flow your pump at 13.5 volts min an see where your at. Just don't make any sparks during the test........:eek:

His fuel pressure was that without cranking Dusty posted up 43-45 and spoke to Cal also and said the same. Definitely a fuel pressure issue just have to fix it and get it running.

Steve

hey steve i check the voltage at the pump its around 13.2 volts so i think the pump has the volts to turn over if you think of any thing let me know thanks dave

thats low i guess. make that more than 40 and mind to be safe!
moreover, manage some heavy wattage for pump

hey Steve, I checked the voltage at the pump, its around 13.2 volts so i think the pump has the volts to turn over if you think of any thing let me know thanks Dave

Was that 13.2 volts with the pump drawing current. If so fine. If not you need to check the voltage at the pump when it is running.

Hope that helps