Fuel Pump Options

gnx139

Sounds like my fuel pump is on its way out. Loud humming and it has been hard to start. It is a Walbro and is about 6 years old. What is the latest on fuel pumps? Is the Walbro still state of the art and who is selling them and how much??? I see a fuel pump on Kirban's site listed as "high performance" for $135.00. Any thoughts and input is appreciated.

gnx139,

I use the Walbro pump and get it from Mike at Full Throttle Speed or Racetronix.

Chuck

Sounds like my fuel pump is on its way out. Loud humming and it has been hard to start. It is a Walbro and is about 6 years old. What is the latest on fuel pumps? Is the Walbro still state of the art and who is selling them and how much??? I see a fuel pump on Kirban's site listed as "high performance" for $135.00. Any thoughts and input is appreciated.

Pull out your tank, clean it out and inspect it for rust and pressure test it. If the tank is clean and sealing properly consider one of these:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS-G7W255&eq=&Tp=
FPS-G7W.jpg

Thanks guys,,, I got a new pump from Full Throttle a couple of weeks ago. Seems to start up no problem. The tank looked good inside.