fuel pressure

AlaskaGN

My fuel pressure is set at 42 w/ vacumm line off. WHen installled it drops to about 36. while I was driving and boost comes on it quickly jumps to 50 1st,2nd, drops to around 48. while in 3rd. Is this something that usually happenes?
I have 36lbs inj. hot wire kit, new fuel filter. THe pump is about 10years old. model? Where should the pressure be at?
I have a mixture of 94 oct fuel and I can only pull around 13psi boost with no knock and 800 MV's. I know I need to get a TT chip. the chip I have is an old school caspers Ultra CHip.

My other question is if the fuel injectors are enough for my set up. TA60,dutt neck on stock ic, ported stock heads w/big valves, rjc plate, 208 flat tappet, 3in dp, hooker exhaust, mild ported intake?

The fuel pressure regulator adjusts the pressure according to the vacuum or boost. 42# line off equals 38# when you have 4# of vacuum.

42# FP+15# boost= 57# FP total

Sounds like your pump is inadequate. As pointed out earlier, it should track 1:1 with the addition of boost. 36 # inj are not enough for a TA60 turbo. Go ahead and step up to 60 #'s with a appropriate chip. Also get a new pump.

Regulator is doing what it s suppose to do.

You may need a little more injector, but your scan tool will tell you this.