Fuel pressure

watz

I bought a fuel pressure gauge from our friendly sponser (super fast shipping and good parts) gbodyparts.com. It's the shrader valve one that mounts on the end of the rail. Can I just leave it there all the time? That was my plan till I read the directions and it said IF you going to leave this for long periods of time continue to check for leaks. That made me nervous.... Will it be ok to just lease it on? I don't want to disassemble and reassmble everytime I want to check pressure...

#2 and way more importantly, I am only getting about 30 psi at the rail. It seems to hold it ok but that's really low. Now do I replace the fuel pump or just try the hot wire kit first?

My car has a 130k and has sat in a field the last 6-7 years. I bought it last year and am trying to piece this together so any help is apperciated. I just don't want to throw my wallet at all the problems...

The car is bone stock, stock everything from air cleaner to the open rear end and sagging springs...

Every gauge I left on the rail failed.

The hot-wire deal is important to do anyway so just do it. If the pump is original it is probably not working too good.

Replace the fuel pump and filter, hot wire it, and check out the spring cleaning on the GN T-type Org.

the directions and it said IF you going to leave this for long periods of time continue to check for leaks. That made me nervous.... Will it be ok to just lease it on?
That's a CYA statement. You should always check your engine anyway. We have installed Fuel Rail gauges for years with no leaks. BUT check.
I am only getting about 30 psi at the rail.
If your regulater is OEM then that's what you should expect.

Hope this helps you.

First Install the hot-wire kit, new pump and sock. That could make a HUGE change in the pressure. Time in a field is BAD BAD BAD on the fuel tank and pump. You could have some rust stopping up the sock and doing/done nasty things to the pump. Then look at an adjustable regulator. Good Luck Jon Hanson