fuel pressure

CJ's6

what can cause fuel pressure to be high? at 10 lbs of boost the fuel pressure is 59 to 60 lbs. @ wot. i set the pressure to 42 to 43 lbs with the vac. line off. if i push boost over 10 lbs to say 12lbs the fuel press. goes to 62 lbs and car starts to break up, not sure if it is knock or what, i always let off when this happens. any body have any ideas? i do not have a scan tool yet.

cjacobs said:
what can cause fuel pressure to be high? at 10 lbs of boost the fuel pressure is 59 to 60 lbs. @ wot. i set the pressure to 42 to 43 lbs with the vac. line off.

Make sure the return line is open/clear. That will increase FP and mess things up.

Return line is "the line from the BOTTOM of the pressure regulator". Take it off and see if you can freely blow into it.
If you are planning on using a compressor, use LOW pressure and open the tank cap.

While you got the line off, may as well make sure your regulator outlet is not clogged. Hope this helps.

Are you sure your gauge is reading correct?40 lbs static plus 12lbs of boost should be around 52lbs of FP at that boost level.Rail mounted gauges dont seem to live long.

i am using a liquid filled fp gauge from caspers. it has the long braided hose, and i tape it to the windshield in my view so i can see fp under boost.