Fuel pressure regulator install

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
3E7BAEFB-75A2-4AE1-8CCA-D04B17729D55.jpeg
Does an o-ring go here where my finger is pointing to? The red circle nipple area. area...thanks. When the old one came off it seemed as if it had a seal or some Teflon tape on it.

I use viton o-ring there. There was one there from the factory. I would not use a regular black o-ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. That's a sneaky little bastard.

I use viton o-ring there. There was one there from the factory. I would not use a regular black o-ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
viton is a specific type of fluoropolymer elastomer with certain temperature and durometer characteristics, Viton is a Dupont trademark for that material and red has nothing to do with it being a particular type of material, lots of companies make identical rings under different names and not all Dupont Viton is red.

Don't tighten the line to the regulator, just finger tight so you can position the regulator on the fuel rail. Lube both of rings.

This post is a great example of why technical questions need to be asked in this forum and not Facebook. Now this post will be searchable in the future where as the Facebook post will be lost in a day or two.

This post is a great example of why technical questions need to be asked in this forum and not Facebook. Now this post will be searchable in the future where as the Facebook post will be lost in a day or two.
What's Facebook when the gov gets done there won't be a Facebook