Fuel Pressure...Can 1 psi really make a difference?

Mustang 1

Hello Again! Just another of the never ending questions about our much beloved Turbo Buicks! Some background first. PTE 52, CAS V-4, Walbro 340, hotwired,009's, Lubrant chip (23 degree's),
160 T.Stat, 3" Dynomax w/super single exhaust, and currently running 22 peak boost ( 1st and second ) and 20 psi constant boost ( 3rd and 4th ). I have been tuning for months to try and get the best as possible out of my combo, without engine damage, of course! I noticed that the other night when accelaerating hard, you actually see raw fuel ( smoke ) from the exhaust pretty heavy. I run with an OTC scan tool constantly monitoring for knock. I run a 50/50 mix of 110 leaded and 93 unleaded with approximately 100 octane fuel at all times. I started out with 43 psi of fuel pressure, then 41, then 40, and finally at 39 psi. The car runs the best at 39, but right at the shift point ( 5300 rpm, 22 psi of boost ) the scanner reads knock. I am thinking that it may be false knock, as the Terry Houston down pipe sits right against the evaporater and/or the heater core box. Also, when burning the chip, Joe made the injector duty cycle at 100 %. At 40 psi, it does not show knock, but, it runs noticibly better at 39 psi. Hence, the question, can 1 psi really make a difference? Thanks in advance for your replies! Bill