Fuel pres. dropping.

TurboSpeed

OK you guys have heard this probably a million times but, i just want some thoughts. Fuel pres. goes to 50 lbs at 10lbs of boost good right, now as i go to 15 or above it starts to drope all the way down to 40lbs and it stays there. So whats your thoughts? Thanks Jamie

time for a new pump. and if you dont already have one in place a hotwire for it.

OK you guys have heard this probably a million times but, i just want some thoughts. Fuel pres. goes to 50 lbs at 10lbs of boost good right, now as i go to 15 or above it starts to drope all the way down to 40lbs and it stays there. So whats your thoughts? Thanks Jamie

Dying pump... probably got one of the defective F0169 pumps a year ago... DONT "go to 15 or above" anymore until this is fixed.... in fact, don't go into boost at all.... :wink:

Ok hear is what i found. I have a hot wire kit on it but the only voltage im getting to the pump is a little over 8 volts, but i have over 12volts going to the hot wire kit relay. Im thinking its the relay. shouldnt the big red wire comming out of the relay have 12volts or more with key on? The only volts im getting is 8volts out of the purple wire.

Ok hear is what i found. I have a hot wire kit on it but the only voltage im getting to the pump is a little over 8 volts, but i have over 12volts going to the hot wire kit relay. .
You should have about 13.6 volts at the back of the alt. Do you have any other issues? If you only have 12 volts then you have an alt problem. That is enough to keep the car running but not properly and certainly not under any kind of load. The whole idea of a hot wire kit is to get 13+ volts back to the pump.

I checked it with the engine off key on. should i check it with the engine running?

I assumed that you checked it with the engine running, since voltage at the pump doesn't matter unless the engine is running. I don't know why you would have 12 volts (battery) at the front and only 8 at the relay. Point is, you want to have 13+ volts at the pump with the engine running. If so then you know that the pump is getting enough voltage, if so and you don't have correct pressure at the rail then you either have a pump going south or some restriction in between the tank and rail (i.e. dirty filter or pinched line).
Check the voltage with the engine running and report back.

OK I checked the volts with the car running and it checked 13.96/14.00 so that is good no volt problem, now im thinking regulator. How do you check a regulator without tearing it apart? I cranked up the pres. with the key on engine off and it would not go past 46lbs. thanks Jamie.

OK I checked the volts with the car running and it checked 13.96/14.00 so that is good no volt problem, now im thinking regulator. How do you check a regulator without tearing it apart? I cranked up the pres. with the key on engine off and it would not go past 46lbs. thanks Jamie.

It's 14 volts now....note fp. Go drive the car, check volts again and note fp. Check volts running and not running. Volts will go up and down when batt is taking a charge...especially when the batt is weak. The 14 volts is cooming from the alt....not batt.

Fuel pres. goes to 50 lbs at 10lbs of boost good right, now as i go to 15 or above it starts to drop all the way down to 40lbs and it stays there.

THE_PUMP_IS_DEAD!!! Can I make myself any clearer?

I'm a little confused..

You have 14volts at the alt AND the pump???

What voltage do you show at the pump with the car running??