fuel lines install

turbogreg

got a new set of fuel lines from kirban and having some problems getting them on. anyone have any pictures of them on their car? also when you put them on, did you jack up the car and thread on the bottoms first then run the tops to the regulator and other to the rail? looks like a mini maze to run each one. seems like it would make things 100 times easier if the bottom end of the lines were able to screw on like the tops. anything else have to be removed for the install? took off the mass air pipe which seemed to be the only thing in the way for the line going to the rail.

Greg

If your car is a 86' or 87' you have to remove the accessory bracket to get the fuel lines on.

maybe a pic will help greg

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/Edm.jpg

and the bottoms should thread on , maybe yours ends are siezed up a little

THANKS! exactly what i was looking for. bought the lines brand new from kirban so i hope they are not seized. the bottoms thread on but its one piece unlike the tops that have two pieces. did i get a bum set or something? will give it another go tomorrow, again thanks for the pics.

Greg

The flare nut on the steel line should turn, not the end of your new lines.

just went outside the steel line flare nut on the return line is seized up. gonna soak it tomorrow and hopefully get it loose. will try and get the feed line on tomorrow at least. pics helped a lot, thanks again.

Greg

got the steel line unfrozen. little wd40 did wonders. one more question though, the return line goes behind the pulleys or in front? the feed line looks like its a tight fit between the fan and the pulleys as well. gonna try and get one of my buddies with an 86 GN to swing by so i can see where exactly they run. thanks for the help everyone.

Greg

got the return line on, but the feed line is being a pita. i removed the intercooler/accessory bracket, the up pipe, and the coolant hose that seemed to be in the way, but still can't get it on. from the pictures in that diagram it looks like the line goes directly behind the cam sensor and then follows down like the return line. anyone have there's run in front of the cam sensor? guess i should pop out the cam sensor and give it another try, any other tips i'd greatly appreciate.

Greg

finally got the line on. just for future reference if anyone is going to be doing the fuel lines on their TR, it makes things a whole lot easier to take off the cam sensor, up pipe, maf pipe, accessory bracket, and belt. car's gonna be up for sale very soon now.

Greg