fuel line size's

Wknight13

I'm converting my fuel system back to normal with the exception on the rail supply piece and return piece. Both of these are going to be braided flex. I didn't do the original work where the supply line was bypassed with a 1/2" or greater and he used the original supply line for the return. Now my question is are the original supply and return lines both 3/8"? What are thread size I'll for the braided to the transition points by the oil pan? I've been looking through Vortex, Kirban, and Highway Stars but no one mentions line and connector size. I would like to try to obtain the pieces before I disable the car and get it done in one session. This whole process started by wanting to abandon the external sump and go back to an in-tank. This was all done by the previous owner so I may be in for a surprise at some point down the line. thanks.

3/8 feed and 5/16 return with the approriate nuts/flanges and o-rings......would you like to buy a factory set from the frame rail to the fuel rail off of a 40k mile GN??

I still have the original lines and they still look very good. I just have to eliminate this extra. Thanks gnpower....a sandrail? how cool. How do you keep the sand out?

The stock feed line is 3/8" with each Saginaw fitting it necks down to .257" (just over a 1/4") so basically the stock feed line is only 1/4". The stock return line is NOT a 5/16 as previously stated but rather a 1/4" with one Saginaw fitting at the frame rail that necks down the I.D of the line to a tiny .098". (the regulator to frame line is in fact 5/16", though, but the actual steel frame line is only a 1/4") Using a -6AN as a feed and return line will increase the actual I.D. significantly. A single -6AN is all that most Sprint cars run and they run Alcohol at 70psi and make over 700 HP. So.........a single -6AN line at 70psi of GASOLINE will support well over 850 HP.,