Fuel line connector size

Wknight13

What is the size's of the supply and return fuel line connectors at the transition point by the front drivers tire? I'm going to be running braided lines to the inlet and returns and looking for the AN connector size (6 or 8 I believe). Anyone know right off hand...Want to pre-order these before I take to my buddies garage to get it done. Abandoning the previous owner's external pump setup. So I've ordered new tank, Walbro, and going back to original fuel lines, if possible. Thanks...

The fuel lines are not -AN, but are GM Saginaw-type that use an o-ring.

If you want to use stock fitting, adapters are available, or you could weld up ones that would work. :)

FINALLY...I have the tank off to replace and go back to an in tank and going back to the original fuel supply line. I still want to run the braided line (3/8 I.D. I believe?) from the Saginaw? fitting to the fuel rail inlet. There is a speed shop here in Fort Wayne where the guy will custom make me a line with fittings. I have what I need for the fuel rail inlet, I think ( http://m.summitracing.com/parts/der-59108 ), but what is the actual Saginaw size mentioned above? Or does someone have link depicting the picture and size (love pictures, worth a thousand words...but still could use the size of fitting)....very much appreciated....Very ready to get er' back on the road. By the way, the original fuel supply was abandoned by the previous owner ( he ran large lines from an external sump) and I'm trying to get it back to normal, I just really like the braided line.

FINALLY...I have the tank off to replace and go back to an in tank and going back to the original fuel supply line. I still want to run the braided line (3/8 I.D. I believe?) from the Saginaw? fitting to the fuel rail inlet. There is a speed shop here in Fort Wayne where the guy will custom make me a line with fittings. I have what I need for the fuel rail inlet, I think ( http://m.summitracing.com/parts/der-59108 ), but what is the actual Saginaw size mentioned above? Or does someone have link depicting the picture and size (love pictures, worth a thousand words...but still could use the size of fitting)....very much appreciated....Very ready to get er' back on the road. By the way, the original fuel supply was abandoned by the previous owner ( he ran large lines from an external sump) and I'm trying to get it back to normal, I just really like the braided line.

I went with a 6an from the regulator to tank. The hose I got from summit 16 foot premade. The regulator fitting is a 90 degree metric 14 to 6 an with an oring . I got from racetronix. When I installed it my idle pressure dropped 10 psi line on.

On mine I cut of at the base of the old saginaw fittings, cleaned up the lines and replaced them with compression AN fittings and 6 AN.

Works like a charm

It appears most of the fittings available are male to the fuel rail supply. I was hoping to find a female adapter at the feed line transition (male Saginaw style) to 6 AN. I'm starting to think Machinegun has the best solvent for my situation. I have a couple days till I get back to my buddy's shop and continue if someone may have a lead on a female Saginaw to 6 AN coupler? Got the fuel rail supply connection taken care of. Starting to light. thanks all.

100_4130.JPG Here is the Saginaw supply transition point I'm trying to find a female to male 6An for. thanks for the link to adaptors "quip 6", I checked out Racetronix other fittings. Summit Racing didn't come up with anything for me.

This is the fitting for the feed line to adapt it to -6 AN male:

9894DBJ 16mm x 1.5 -6AN . . . . Fuel Injection / Power Steering Adapter. Female -O-Ring Seal

I would definitely drill out the end of the fuel line. They really crimped that one down.

RemoveBeforeFlight