fuel hanger, what other cars are interchangeable???

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Gonna hit the junkyard and want to get a fuel hanger to build me a double pumper setup. What other cars use the same type??? cutlass, monte??? newer impala/caprice maybe??? Thanks for any help guys!!!

Scott

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be none. The turbo Buick was the only A/G body with fuel injection, so it was the only one which would have the hanger to support a fuel pump. After 1987, when fuel injection started to be more common, all the cars became front wheel drive, so the fuel tanks were different. F-body cars had fuel injection and rear wheel drive, but I'm pretty sure that they don't use a fuel tank similar to ours.

I am not sure but some Monte Carlos came with a fuel injected 4.3L. Don't know if they are the same as the TR though.:confused:

If it's a 4.3L FI it'll be a TBI setup, but I believe a Walbro 340 will fit on one with some minor "tweaking" because the outlet offset on the fuel pump's different.

Both the Monte and the Grand Prix came with the 4.3 TBI. The Monte guys are using the tank and sender for LT1/LS1/Tune Port conversions.