Front wheel bearings

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Anyone know where to get replacements outer front wheel bearing that is not in a nylon casing? I can't seem to find one in a metal casing.

IMO...having been in the repair business for 30 years ,a lot of those in the 4WD world and installing a LOT of bearings.....the nylon separators between the rollers in not a problem.The load is carried by the rollers themselves.All the failures I have seen are heat related due to no lube ,water or adjusted too tight.It is true tho, that the only place I have seen the nylon used is on light duty applications .With the quality of lube available today, you should not have a problem using nylon or steel.

IMO...having been in the repair business for 30 years ,a lot of those in the 4WD world and installing a LOT of bearings.....the nylon separators between the rollers in not a problem.The load is carried by the rollers themselves.All the failures I have seen are heat related due to no lube ,water or adjusted too tight.It is true tho, that the only place I have seen the nylon used is on light duty applications .With the quality of lube available today, you should not have a problem using nylon or steel.

The nylon casing/separators were not recommended by wilwood. There was one brake job I did to one of my cars and noticed the bearing fell apart when I removed the spindle, I remembered it still have lots of grease in the hub. But you may be right it may work fine but a piece of mind with a non nylon wheel bearing.

I agree on the piece of mind thing....if you have the time ,get what you want .The last set of CR/SKF bearings I had were all metal.I am presently out of stock.I see your location may make your parts selection limited .I'm willing to find and ship them to you if needed.PM me and I'll help you if I can.
hm

I agree on the piece of mind thing....if you have the time ,get what you want .The last set of CR/SKF bearings I had were all metal.I am presently out of stock.I see your location may make your parts selection limited .I'm willing to find and ship them to you if needed.PM me and I'll help you if I can.
hm

Cool! 49-blues acutally have a set but we are checking the correct part numbers right now. The part number for the full metal bearing is LM12748-FM. If you got it also let me know how much. Thanks!

My book shows the inner as set BR6(LM67048/LM67010) $6.82;the outers as a set BR34(LM12748/LM12710) $7.12 ;seal is 19984,$2.00 plus the freight in- around $10.Don't have a clue as to freight to you.
hm

My book shows the inner as set BR6(LM67048/LM67010) $6.82;the outers as a set BR34(LM12748/LM12710) $7.12 ;seal is 19984,$2.00 plus the freight in- around $10.Don't have a clue as to freight to you.
hm

I just need the outers. Thanks!