Front sway bar removed now front is lower???

JoeNational

Uh oh.. Look who got ALKY
I removed my front sway bar and now the front of the car looks to be lower then it once was, not much but I noticed it right away.. It looks good but was just curios to know if this is normal. I have the HR rear bar so when I took the car out for a spin I felt no difference what so ever. I even jerked the wheel left to right and didn't feel it being loose at all.

Thanks,

if your car changed height it should have went up taking 30 some lbs off the front of the car , i would guess it could be due to bound up (rusty crusty) bushings on the swaybar holding it up , that rusty crusty would have also held the front end end from rising and transfering the weight to the rear

as the front bar removal with the HR rear , Im with you feels like it's still there to me ,

I wish I had the HR rear when I removed my front sway bar.

My car rolled in the turns and handled like a "tank".

I mean it might be my eyes lol, but I dont think so. Yes, that is why I removed it. Wanted to transfer more weight to the rear for better short times. We will see at Norwalk if this worked lol.

What a pain it was to remove the bolts though. 20yrs of rust and dirt really takes it toll. :eek:

Thanks,