Front speakers 4 87 GN

crow

Bought a new set speakers. The fit in the top of the dash. The wiring does not match the originals. The original has a single prong with a resistor. The new ones have two prongs. Hate to coble something to make them work. Any simple ideas?.....Besides having to buy another set :D

Brand new Delco. The magnet has stenciled on it,
DELCO ELECTRONICS 18134073
10 OHMS
137-0330
04488J-MEXICO
They came in two Delco boxes.

Bought a new set speakers. The fit in the top of the dash. The wiring does not match the originals. The original has a single prong with a resistor. The new ones have two prongs. Hate to coble something to make them work. Any simple ideas?.....Besides having to buy another set :D

can you post up a pic of the plugs/speakers? ill see if i have any adapters.

There's no resistor in the dash speakers for a 1987 GN.

Post up some pics. of what you have in there now first.

There's no resistor in the dash speakers for a 1987 GN.

Post up some pics. of what you have in there now first.

i believe its a end of the model year 1987 that the cs2 dash speakers did have a capacitor to block bass,the speaker was a tweeter instead of a true 3 1/2 cone like older cs2 speakers....maybe thats what hes explaining?

They all had tweeters from the factory with caps.

And all had 2 wires on them.

I think I posted a picture in one thread of a stock 10 ohm'er.

They all had tweeters from the factory with caps.

And all had 2 wires on them.

I think I posted a picture in one thread of a stock 10 ohm'er.

As many gns I've worked on,I've never removed a true tweeter....always been a 3 1/2 with cs or not.....I guess that tells you how many 87's I have worked on.

dashspeakerrearview.jpg

The speaker in my car looks allot like the photo salvageV6 posted. It has the blue resister and a tab alongside to connect to. On mine, there is only one connection. On salvageV5 there appears to be two.
My new speaker look identical esxcept for no blue resistor and it has two connectors.
Sorry about not posting a photo but I cant seem to get my computer to download from the camara. My wife is sleeping right now so I'll try to get her to fool with it inn the morning. She is the one that usually plays with it.

I got the photo of the speaker loaded onto My Album in turbobuick.com but how do I get it to display on this thread??????