front end lowering (back-halved car)

MSA231V6

I have a back-halved car that is currently sitting too high in the front. The front suspension is bone stone stock except for a pair of Competition Engineering shocks that I do not think play into the picture too much. I am assuming that the best (and easiest relatively) way to accomplish my goal is to cut the stock springs or replace them. I am not sure exactly how much I want to lower the car in the front but it is at least an inch or more.

I would appreciate any thoughts on:

1) If and how much to cut the stock springs.

2) Ideas for replacement springs to lower the front end.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,
Do you have the final tire combination installed up front. If so you can cut up to 1full coil off the spring. Your exact drop will vary due to front end weight. I would experiment with the stockers first in case it gets too low. If the front end is light as in no AC/, FG hood ext...I would begin with whacking off 1/2 coil to start.
Another option is to go with drop spindles which are much easier in my opinion to install. They are much more exact than the 1st option. :)

MSA231V6 said:
I have a back-halved car that is currently sitting too high in the front. The front suspension is bone stone stock except for a pair of Competition Engineering shocks that I do not think play into the picture too much. I am assuming that the best (and easiest relatively) way to accomplish my goal is to cut the stock springs or replace them. I am not sure exactly how much I want to lower the car in the front but it is at least an inch or more.

http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1196

The QA-1s have been mentioned before in this forum, I wrote to Spohn, and they say, they'll move the mounting hole to where ever the customer wants, but no returns on special stuff.

I've used the stock springs with a loop cut off, as well as the 1LE F-Body 3rd Gen springs. Both, have worked OK. And cutting springs lessens the chance of tire rub, then using dropped spindled, FWIW.

front end

Louie L. said:
Michael,
Do you have the final tire combination installed up front.

Louie,

The front end is set. I am running MT 26*4.5 on 15*4 Convo Pros. Several replies have mentioned drop spindles - also sounds like it is an easier chore as compared to front spring removal. Any more thoughts?

Michael