Front Air Ride

Heavy D

Found a Cool Ride (air ride technologies)front kit for my junk for sale, new in the box off another forum. Paid about a third of the new price so Im gonna go ahead and order the rear with the upgraded contol arms... Its pretty much an entry level suspension, but it will work for now. Besides, I dont have an extra 6K for the street challenge kit.

Now I just need to find some Pro-Stars and some headlite covers ;)

I love air ride, when done right its a great way to go, done poorly its a giant headache. Insist on 8 valves, or an 8 valve manifold and some way to pressure check for height memory......not just bumping a switch and guessing.

I've never had air ride before, but have been looking at different setups pretty hard for the last year. I plan on the better valving and compressor set-up now. Then later upgrading to the shockwaves when I can. Should be cool if I do it right. I'm getting to old to have many more shots at this stuff.:biggrin:

you know it, do it right and enjoy it! 8 valves keps air wash from occurring (side to side when turning) and makes it possible to drive a short distance if you break a line on one corner, if the are front and rear only, you break a line, and you are anchored down.

my malibu had air ride with 4 valves.. its really all you need but I can see how 8 will keep it from handling like a boat and you can do side/side. But when you do 8 can you fill the front equally or would you need to fill each corner independent?

my setup had an 8gallon tank, single ebay junk compressor set at 175psi, 4 1/2" valves, 2 rocker switches and a single dual needle gauge to show front/rear bag pressure. No front shocks and honestly the thingdidnt ride all that bad without them, however it was only a cruiser.:cool: