Friday night Denton Raceway

TrboHead

Anybody interested? 10/14/05 I'm going for sure. It's open past midnight and you can get lots of runs in. :D

http://www.dentondragway.com/

FUN & GRUDGE / TEST & TUNE
Gates open at 7:30 PM
Run until 2:00 AM
Admission $10 plus
$5 for a tech card to race.

Dude...I'm going tomorrow with some of my friends! Even though next week I'm getting a posi track,race chip, and tuneing...but ya i wana see the before/after times! If you see me come introduce yourself, I'm interesting in meeting other buick fanatics :cool: Check for me and my Dark Blue Regal in the link in my sig.

Great! Maybe we can get a little crowd going. :)

David - Are you taking the GS or GN?

If you haven't been there in years it has changed for the better. No more dusty roads. It's all paved and lit up now.

Larry J.

Denton has issues with their track prep now'a days. The Track itself is really nice now. They have paved the intire infield and have some nice buildings . . . but I guess doing all of that has cut into their track prep budget.

I went a few weeks ago and could catch in first gear all night.

Well...i went..adn im home now. I could not hook up AT ALL. My best time was a 9.11 at 85ish.....and wow i burnt out two different times down that run...had to let completely off the gas, then get back on it both times. I'm still proud at my time...would be nice to break 9's though..... :rolleyes:

DrkBluT-TyPe said:
Well...i went..adn im home now. I could not hook up AT ALL. My best time was a 9.11 at 85ish.....and wow i burnt out two different times down that run...had to let completely off the gas, then get back on it both times. I'm still proud at my time...would be nice to break 9's though..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, seems to be a common theme, the no traction blues. I'm never going back to Denton.

Who Needs 8 said:
Yeah, seems to be a common theme, the no traction blues. I'm never going back to Denton.
Hmm, I've never had a traction problem at Denton with Drag Radials or ET Streets pulling 1.6x 60'. And last Friday, after an oil spill, they sprayed the entire track full length, I've never seen a track do that. Denton is under new ownership since last year I beleive and I was out there just about every other weekend last winter and never had a prob.

Same here. My 1.60 was off a bit but not from tire spin, I had other issues.
I was impressed that they sprayed the entire track with VHT a couple of times.
Not crowded is the key factor for me...Lots of test runs. :D