Fricken code 31

Turtle TR

boioing boioing boioing..
Okay, everyone knows my current situation with code 31, the wastegate solenoid thingamabob. Fricken yellow orange SES light is irritating. How do I check to see that its functioning correctly or not? I really dont know how to check this. Also...what would happen if I disconnected the plug to the wastegate solenoid? probably a bad thing. Some one on the hot-air section said that the egr solenoid could be sharing the same ground as the wastegate solenoid. but since I dont show a code 32 anymore regarding my egr, the ground could be in tact? not sure:confused::( And if the wastegate solenoid is still good...what else could be giving this code? could the wastegate actuator setting the wastegate solenoid off? or worste case...my ECU is being faulty.:( :rolleyes:? I did a search on code 31, one guy source his problem with a pinched tranny line :confused: Man this sucks ass!!!!!:mad:

I got the solinoid for you but it you unplug the wastegte solinoid it will throw a code anyways. I will check the egr while the engine is warm and push up on the diaphram and see if the idles changes, if it don't it could be also a bad egr. Also make sure you got no vacume leaks, I would replace all the vacume lines if you did'nt. I'll have the solinoid with me at work, if you comming by give me a call. 2164467.

Thanks Jackson!! I will give you a call this afternoon. I finish work at about 4:00. will you still be in?

Fricken Retard code 31

Chris, Come over to my place saturday and we can bust out the ohmmeter and check continuity on all your wires. At my job, I see all kinds of weird crap all stemming from poor or failed wiring connections. Wouldn't be surprised to find a bad wire on yours from the body being stressed from the torque when you go WOT. Call me.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Jackson: Thanks for the solenoid. I just replaced it tonight and took it for a run. guess what? the SES light comes back on. :mad: I had it hooked on the 86/87 style where I left that one port open, and capped the end of that vacuum hose: SES light. So i uncapped the tube and put it over the open port: SES light! damn thing is pissing me off! I hope its not that wastegate actuator. if you got a spare adustable one?..I'll buy it from you.:rolleyes: But i have to absolutly be sure that its a mechanical problem, so far...boost build steadily to 15psi and it doesnt over boost past it. I'm waiting on suggestions from John Pearcy. I e-mailed him with my problem.

Garreth: Dude!! Sounds good to me man! When are you most available this saturday? I'll call you tomorrow around lunch time.

Thanks guys!!!

Did you reset the computer by disconnect the battery when you switch out the soliniod? If you did'nt that could be why its still throwing the code. If it still comes out try to post at the general tech section, you probally get more feebacks.

the brothaz down in the hot-air section suggested I check the grounds behind the A/C compressor. As I recall, I did use my a/c during that freak rainstorm we had this passed Saturday. maybe the compressor grounded out something there?:confused:, I'll go check on it during my lunch break. It's getting somewhere...

To Be Continued..........

Chris, did you read today's GN digest? One guy stated he fixed his code 31 problem: replaced ECM. Pretty extreme if it comes to this!!!

:eek: :eek: :confused: :eek: :eek:

OH WONDERFUL!!! Maybe is a calling to convert my ecu. i already have my scanmaster:D. But still...I need other things to make it work, like the MAT line and sensor, and a 86/87 MAF to complete the 86/87 conversion.

Like that Caddy Convertable that races at the tracks? LOL. The one that says' REVEREND "G" PIMP DADDY. HAHA!

I resetted the ECM again, but this time I did what one of the members suggested, that I had to wait for at least 10 seconds before I plug it back in. I punched it a few times while the engine was still cold after closed loop. No SES light yet...... I didnt hold the boost as long as my other previous test drives. So, maybe on my way home I'll punch it out on the freeway. CRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right, to reset the ECM, you need to allow it to "power down" to allow it to clear all the codes...

Originally posted by HI85WH1
right, to reset the ECM, you need to allow it to "power down" to allow it to clear all the codes...

CRAP, that didnt work. SES Light is on. I may have to resort to changing out the ECM. Anyone got an 86/87 ECM I could buy from them?????:(

Code 31, the death of us yet......

Chris, not to worry, if it comes to this, I know where to get another 85 ECM. How high can you climb? Rob knows the answer to this.

:D :D :D :D

LOL, We know about that one. It's that the TR at the top of some pile of junk eh? I think you told me about that one. Something like, the you know that lands keeper or something like that...Oh well. I'll call you as soon as I wake up. shoots!!!

Shhhhh!!

Now everyone knows....if you want to try my ECM to troubleshoot, let me know

Code 31 fixed, we're still alive.....

Rob, grabbed the ECM today from the "car". Man, the body is CABBAGE! Anyway, swapped it out in Chris' ride. Still bad. Eventually, we found a pinched wire, from the trans connector up to some unit behind the block, on the engine, where the trans meets the block. Looks like a blue wire. Anyone know what this is?

:p :p :p :p

GARETH, YOU MY HERO (mahu voice) LOL. Thanks man!!! Man that thing was a bitch. The only hard part was getting that bracket off via tranny bolt, and getting that tranny bolt back on. WHOA, and we was getting burnt left and right. I get choke burn marks on my right arm. Anyways...the problem is solved thanks to Gareth!!! Muchas Mahalos!!!

Good job!

Congrats on the successful detective work!

No need for me to Xerox any schematics now! :D