Fraud #502 Offered For $15k

I sent an email to them saying I live near them seeing if I could come see the car. I bet I never hear back from them.

Reply From Seller

JRNYMNDAVID said:
I even bid on this,trying to get more info to nab this fraudster.
HE NEEDS TO BE SLAPPED :mad:

REPLY FROM SELLER:

From Mike Powells Thu Oct 26 16:56:44 2006
X-Apparently-To: jrnymndavid2003@yahoo.com via 66.196.97.80; Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:55:06 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [205.158.62.67]
Return-Path: <mikepowells@usa.com>
Authentication-Results: mta333.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=usa.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 205.158.62.67 (EHLO webmail-outgoing.us4.outblaze.com) (205.158.62.67) by mta333.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:55:02 -0700
Received: from unknown (unknown [192.168.9.180]) by webmail-outgoing.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with QMQP id CAC2918001D4 for <jrnymndavid2003@yahoo.com>; Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:56:43 +0000 (GMT)
X-OB-Received: from unknown (205.158.62.49) by wfilter.us4.outblaze.com; 26 Oct 2006 23:56:43 -0000
Received: by ws1-1.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix, from userid 1001) id 287641BF287; Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:56:45 +0000 (GMT)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_11619070057630"
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: "Mike Powells" <mikepowells@usa.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile A

If you decide to buy the deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy regarding ebay vehicle protection program.
My auction is qualified to eBay Vehicle Protection Program so I would like to use it:

- I start a transaction on eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection
- they send you the payment instructions
- you complete the payment in their account
- they confirm me that they secured the funds
- I deliver the product to you
- you receive and accept the car

Also, a refund policy is included. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back in 30 business days on my expense and you can ask eBay for a refund.

If you agree please reply me asap with your full name and shipping address so I'll can setup the official transaction and eBay will contact you with further details.

Kind Regards

answer

r_beaudette said:
What makes this a fraudulent auction? :confused:

First of all THE ASKING PRICE for a GNX @ $15000.00 buy now..read the auction.

Second,the copy of the communication sent to me by the supposed seller.
Ebay doesn't act as middle man in "any" transaction.

Third,Ebay has already cancelled this auction for just those reasons.
The e-mail answer was sent to me "after" the auction was cancelled by Ebay. ;)

Also just recieved this e-mail from the seller[12:18 am cst];

From: "Mike Powells" <mikepowells@usa.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To:
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:11:32 -0500
Subject: Re: # 502 GNX ON EBAY

Please provide me your full shipping address,As soon as you do that is will start the transaction on eBay...

Thanks

Mike

JRNYMNDAVID said:
First of all THE ASKING PRICE for a GNX @ $15000.00 buy now..read the auction.

Second,the copy of the communication sent to me by the supposed seller.
Ebay doesn't act as middle man in "any" transaction.

Third,Ebay has already cancelled this auction for just those reasons.
The e-mail answer was sent to me "after" the auction was cancelled by Ebay. ;)

Also just recieved this e-mail from the seller[12:18 am cst];

From: "Mike Powells" <mikepowells@usa.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To:
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:11:32 -0500
Subject: Re: # 502 GNX ON EBAY

Please provide me your full shipping address,As soon as you do that is will start the transaction on eBay...

Thanks

Mike

Oh, OK.. I thought I saw #502 earlier this month and it hadn't met reserve at somewhere around 58K.

Ebay Sent This Notice

r_beaudette said:
Oh, OK.. I thought I saw #502 earlier this month and it hadn't met reserve at somewhere around 58K.

Item Number - 330043264468

Item Title - Buick : Grand National

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction and do not respond to the seller. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
2. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
3. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
4. If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $1,000 USD coverage at no cost. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.
5. If you did not pay with PayPal and would like to file a claim with eBay, please initiate the Item Not Received Process online directly from the Security and Resolution Center at the bottom of the eBay.com page.
6. eBay claims must be filed within 60 days of the end of the listing.

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. However, in the event it does, we would like to provide as much assistance as possible to help resolve the issue.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial