FPR leaking vaccum?

RKturbo6

While playing around and checking everything with my new silverline Mityvac I noticed when I applied vaccum to the FPR port that it would start going down at a good rate as soon as I appllied it. I tried going straight to the barb fitting on the regulator and same thing. It is not that old and a Accufab. Should it not hold vaccum? Blown diaphram or something? I would think that would definately cause some lean conditions although at 25-26lbs with 50lb injectors and only 39 base line off the Scanmaster never goes below 7.85 O2 volt. Any thoughts guys. Thanks for the input in advance.

Pump it up to 10 PSI and see if it holds pressure. It should. If not check the adjustment screw on top sometimes you have to put a NyLock nut on them to seal them. If the diaphram was bad fuel would be coming from vac port. After you pressurize it put some soapy water on it to look for leaks on top and around the middle
Mike

I've seen this happen with 3 other acufab regulators. Needless to say I no longer use or recomend them.