Ford trucks

Vector

What is the difference in the XLT versus the Lariat edition of the Ford pick ups?
I assume the King Ranch means dually rear axle?

I assume you are talking about F-150's? The XLT is basically your midline truck, power windows,locks,mirrors etc. The Lariat adds leather, nicer interior, auto A/C, etc. The King Ranch is the top dog, in the 150's, 250's and 350's. With that you get saddle leather interior and a few other goodies. I have an 04 Lariat and wouldn't trade it for anything!

gnxtc2 said:
Hey, what about the Harley Edition (yuk) and Armarillo edition :D

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Actually I like the Armadillo edition better :D The new Harley's suck in my opinion. The coolest thing about the the old Harleys was the supercharger and the new ones don't even have one.

Well, I am tentatively planning on a new pick up in the next few months.
It would be a utility use truck and the Harley edition is more of a good looker than an intended utility truck.
I was wondering what the difference is between the models.
I suppose with the Lariat version comes leather, then seat warmers should be an option.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Leather, Seat Warmers, AC, Automatic. Trucks are for men. Vinyl seats, feezing cold hot as hadeez. Rough riding and dirty smelly.

Or is this just that I am a redneck truck guy and do not know any better?

Yeah if you told someone 20 years ago that you could have heated leather seats in your new truck, they would have lauged at you.....

I still have my 1991 F-350 XLT Lariat crew cab dually which I bought new, and it always gets the job done. There wouldn't be no point in getting a new one, since I won't do more than I already do with a new one...

Claude :)

I just bought an 06' Ford F-150 FX4, it has a power moonroof and power rear sliding window...LOL just because some guys like luxury in their trucks doesn't mean they are panzys...I'll be doing PLENTY of hauling and towing with this thing...I'll be able to tow my heavy-ass Buick very easy now! BTW the new F-150s have 7 different models...XL, STX, XLT, FX4, King Ranch, Lariat, and Harley Davidson

Lariat is your LUXURY truck with leather, wooden panels, chrome, etc.
FX4 is the same as Lariat but more sporty, cloth interior, total offroad and tow packages

Vector

Do you have an X-plan PIN number?? If not let me know and I can get you one. Will save you a quite a few bucks and you don't have to haggle with them.

No, I don't have any of that and am not even sure what they are.
I have not yet decided on what I am gonna do.
My 1991 K1500 is getting really long in the tooth.
Just had to re-do all of the brake lines; which tells me it is about time to start thinking about a replacement.
Walker, I will contact you when I decide just what it is I finally decide to do.

Vector said:
No, I don't have any of that and am not even sure what they are.
I have not yet decided on what I am gonna do.
My 1991 K1500 is getting really long in the tooth.
Just had to re-do all of the brake lines; which tells me it is about time to start thinking about a replacement.
Walker, I will contact you when I decide just what it is I finally decide to do.

X-plan is an employee pricing plan for friends, you can give those PIN numbers to anyone. Unlike an A-Plan PIN number which are for immediate family members only. X-Plan is 4% over A-plan, which is about dealer invoice or below, the pricing structure varies, so there's no set rules to really go by. The best part is you get all rebates and discounts with the price and you don't have to haggle with the saleman. When you go looking tell them to give you the X-plan price becasue you have a source for a PIN. Hell the way things are going now they may just sell it to you at X-plan price without the PIN. Either way drop me a line if you have any questions or need a PIN.

If you kinda like the Harley look but its a bit over the top for your taste you could do the Monochrome paint , Sport package , I bought a 2005 4 door short bed all black with the 18 polished wheels with the holes in them . Looks real sharp .