For those of you still running the stock oil cooler.....

Would you remove the stock oil cooler for a parts upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • WTF

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Would it be a big deal to remove it? If there was a part out there that required you to remove it, would you do it?

Jay I feel if some one wants an oil cooler there are options to relocate if need be.
My opinion only.

Jay I feel if some one wants an oil cooler there are options to relocate if need be.
My opinion only.

i put yes but what kinda of parts upgrade are we talking about? my car didnt come with a oil cooler from the factory so either way.

I chose a large front mount cooler as an option to relocate it while using a large griffin radiator. I had a local hydraulic line shop make some cooler hoses, perfect clean fit, 75$ for both. It makes a drastic difference in oil temps having it there. cooler oil will have a better useable lifespan, as well as aid in engine cooling, my engine stays a bit cooler with the oil cooler in place as well.

We've been working on a new header design and basically the stock oil cooler needs to go away for clearance. I wanted to see how many people were still running it to see if I needed to change the design of the parts or not. Doesnt look like Ill need to.

We've been working on a new header design and basically the stock oil cooler needs to go away for clearance. I wanted to see how many people were still running it to see if I needed to change the design of the parts or not. Doesnt look like Ill need to.

if your talking about the twins setup the hell with the oil cooler.

if your talking about the twins setup the hell with the oil cooler.

Nope

Including the twin setup, we have 3 different header projects in the works right now.

What about the hoses on a Turbo-Saver?

Interested in these headers......I have Ta's now with no complaints, but always like to see new things, including twins;)

Nope

Including the twin setup, we have 3 different header projects in the works right now.

:biggrin: :wink:

This 3rd set:eek:

And Jay has plans for the 4th set after the 3rd are done;)

Jay,
Will this new design being considered work with a Duttweiler style oil pump?

thanks,
Robert