For once a NITROUS POST !!!!

galoush

HWY2HELL
Hello everyone Just got done with install of my NX Nitrous kit ,w purge and blanket and................its the BOMB KID ! ( Thats good by the way !) Gave the car a 75 shot running 23 psi total boost w Nitrous on a 1-2 gallons of C16 mixed with 2-3 gallons of C12 (108 octane) from 10 gal cell . Car ran hard but this was on the street no track times yet hopefully this weekend . Ran about 4 good passes . I plan to jet up to the 100 shot w straight C16 maybe 125-150 if i get crazy . Im activating @ 3000 RPM via a MSD on off rpm switch , the off is 6000 in case something stupid happens . Chip is from Eric @ Turbotweak 19deg in first then to 18 deg , works great w/o the juice even car runs real smooth ( Thanks Eric) Thanks to the Nitrous guys who gave me some input in the past when i was thinking about the Juice . A word to the Naysayers i see in all the Nitrous post ....................Youse guys are a bunch of FAGS !!!!!!:p Ill let you know when i fry my motor then you can say " I told you so" ViVa la Nitrous :D

Whats that little statement

"In Nitrous ya trusted... till yer rods got BUSTED" :D

Start building that other shortblock :eek:

Nah you'll be ok till it breaks ;)

:D

Originally posted by galoush
Ill let you know when i fry my motor then you can say " I told you so" ViVa la Nitrous :D

You might want to get an EGT guage on that before you do too much racing. Any error or malfunction with it, is extremely unforgiving.

the great equalizer

As long as he keeps using the hi-test gas and the proper jets in the kit, he will be good to go. Just remember to keep an eye on a knock gauge, the spray will increase boost slightly. However, with the big octane gas, should be no worries about knock...a watchful eye is a mindful eye. :D

The nice thing about the wet kit is that it takes into consideration the existing fuel pressure and uses a jet for enhancement (i.e.: smaller hole, more pressure). Similar to old school turbo Buick folks crimping their regulators, lines and everything else for more fuel...hahaa.

Ive got the EGT gauge , egts were around 1400s which is rich if anything . I sould be going to the track Sat , so ill keep you guys posted :p

I just bought a CompuCar wet kit for a Stang and am going to adapt it for use on one of my GNs(not sure which one yet). Wasnt there a guy on this board running mid to high 11s with a mostly stock GN with nitrous??Ive always liked nitrous.It is cool even on a turbo car.Julio,you never hit your nitrous??

Many people use a window switch to activate. On a turbo car, I would not recommend a window switch as nitrous does more than make boost creep, it creates spikes. Those spikes can be small or large based upon the Air Density and the temperature of the bottle. I would use the old manual button or spend the cash on and electronic controller to control boost spikes. Even then, run lower boost with than you would without. When in a close race, it takes a boat load of self control to lift when the boost spikes.

I've never had a rod or rod bearing fail due to squeezing, but have shredded head gaskets and spun main bearings due to increased cylinder pressures, block distortion and main fatigue. That said, sure runs good with it, eh?
Dan

Drew.. well its like this. I have this brand new NX wet kit here... but ran my car and it will/should go 100 in the 1/8. So thats approx 650 flywheel for a 3800 lb car.

Now the stock bottom end should be good to 600-650 rite? I wonder what a 125 shot will do :D

I'll be buying another motor.

On a stock turbo car without nuts.. sure.. squeeze and make your power. On a car already making power at the engines limit.. I hope I anwered the question.

Lastly, nitrous hits the motor at a totally different angle than boost does. Hence why boost is way more forgiving in the power making dept.

Anyone wanna buy a brand new NX system wet efi kit? ;)

What about a small shot on a built motor with all the supporting hardware?? Id only hit a 30-50 shot if I was gonna lose a street race.And yes I do have a spare girdled long block going together right now for it in case...........

My cars still in the paint shop and im already building a spare engine.Is that crazy??:D

As far as activation goes the MSD on off rpm switch is around $80 so its well worth the $ over the push button , plus is your say govoner blows on your tranny or you somehow over rev the car it will shut off @ the rpm you put in 6000on mine

Originally posted by broke1
What about a small shot on a built motor with all the supporting hardware?? Id only hit a 30-50 shot if I was gonna lose a street race.And yes I do have a spare girdled long block going together right now for it in case...........

My cars still in the paint shop and im already building a spare engine.Is that crazy??:D

Not crazy at all..if its built rite.. doubt you'll need it ;)

BTW.. nice pix :eek: I need one of them mugs ;)

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
Wow, a Trans Am weighs 3,800lbs. ?

With my Fat azzz it does. 3550 on the scale without me..+250= 3800. Actually its 3775, then add the tool box, helmet, jacket, and detailing supplies ;)

Either I go on a diet, or the boost goes up... difficult choice :D

Like the mug huh ;) I bet you could sale alot of those at Buick events lol

The only reason im putting together another engine is in case 30 lbs of boost and a small shot of nitrous=big boom ;)

I plan on running as much boost/nitrous as the engine will handle.Also the one going in has all 4 caps and regular ol Champions.The spare is getting a girdle(stock caps) and Champions with xtra port work and the decks pinned(cost almost twice as much as regular cnc's).So even my spare engine will be yet another step up if I need it:p

So its ok if I run a small shot on a built engine that might be capable of 10s?If so on the race car the kit goes.If not on to the stocker.:)

I know of a way we can all lose a little weight:spend even more money on our rides:D

And I NEVER use a pushbutton for nitrous anymore.The only car I used a button on,I blew up:eek:

I like a micro switch:cool:

spray

Ah, the old spray topic again!:D Works great for some and others are scared! One of our local street racers ran low 7's in the 1/8 mile w/K&N,chip,M&H's,and 125 shot. This was in late 80's early 90's. He finally sold it cuz he got tired of trailered race cars running him on the street. Of course he sprayed 150 on it then!
Know what killed the motor? The kid that bought it ran 87 octane and detonated it a lot. He bought it back,built the motor,ported heads,big turbo,ac 3500 stall,sent it to Conley's to be tuned and it ran 7.0's.
He even blew the maf up 4 or 5 times with back fires and it lived!
Luck of the draw!

The 150 shot is next on my agenda , i hope the car goes fast to Shut the critics up . Any idea on the timming that guy ran , im running a very conservative 19 in first and 18 in all other gears . With C 16 exclusivly in a cell so im wondering if im being to conservative , My buddys like spray the 100 shot on the 26 deg chip . Well seeeeeeeeeeeeeee:p

timing

I don't know what timing he had. I know he had a chip with reduced timing and ran 19# boost and it jumped to 22# when sprayed and ran 22# when he wasn't spraying. Next time I see him I'll ask. I think it was a chip from Conley's but I'm not sure. I ended up with the kit and sprayed 75 shot on my car with stk chip and boost set @ 9#. Got it on my stang for now.

Yeah My chip is 19 in first then 18 in all other gears . Im going to hit it with 150 . I think it should be fine with the good gas and low timming then i can tune the fuel a little better too . I

I don't know how true this is but I once talked to a guy who said running a simple 50 shot of nitrous at the line got the boost going and would give him a 1/2 second in the quarter. Anyone know of any results like this?

et

In the mid 90's there was a fellow from the carolinas in the GSCA who had ported irons,12 conv,big 60's turbo. He sprayed off the line and a hobbs switch cut off the spray at 19#. He had 50 or 70 shot and ran 11.0 off spray and 10.60 on spray. I believe it only sprayed about the first 70 ft or so. A guy I know from Tifton bought his heads off his car.