? for fast experts

rtviper

When the motor is cranked for starting will the fast display indicate an injector pulse if they are working correctly? The display will be logged while attempting to start the motor. At this time the motor will not start without starting fluid so I want to know if the injector pulse reading I am logging will show if the injectors are firing? Thanks

I'm not an expert and I never noticed the duty % while cranking. Are you showing rpm while cranking. This tells your ecm you are trying to start the car. You need around 43# of fuel pressure. If you have all of these and the car still doesn't start try raising your cranking fuel vs coolant temp.

Batch fire or Sequential?

If it's sequential where is the cam sync coming in?

Dusty thanks. I show a cranking rpm but my fuel guage shows 25 lbs only. It is a sequential unit but I didnt get the extra parts to run sequential so I assume batch. You may have answered the problem since I have only 25 lbs pressure this might not be enough to fire the 83 injectors. The only way to keep it running is to inject starter fluid into the TB. The car has sat inside for several months since I last ran it. Somehow my RA double pumper will not go over 25lbs Thanks

I've tried low fuel pressure and the EFI cars never liked it. I wouldn't worry about it much until you get the pump fixed.

Which system do you have? FAST, XFI, BS3??

I think XFI can run sequential without a cam sync. It will fire in the correct order but out of sequence with the spark. Cal is the man who knows the in depth workings of these systems and could explain it better if you ever want that kind of info.