Fontana drag strip is dead.

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Ruling came down today. The drag strip is no more.
California does it again.
Morons.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some guy sued the track for noise issues. Lives out of his shop. The cost for the track to comply is out of the realm of what the track is willing to do to keep the drag strip running. I heard something about an environmental impact study being needed. The cost of that alone probably put the nail in the coffin.

I think this guys shop should be picketed. People need to know what this guy did to the racing community.

Wow. Not surprising in Cali though.

Pisses me off when people either vote for, or move near something like that and then bitch.

Very sad..... Just like racelegal here in San Diego. When will it stop? Guess we'll be seeing more new faces and race cars at Barona now.

Now the closest 1/4 mile drag strip we can use is Famoso in Bakersfield. That's a pretty good hike! Damn, who would think 3 drag racing venues would all fold up this year.:mad:

Neal

The day the music died.

The last quarter mile track in So. Cal. you could run your car at.

I'm glad I lived in a time where this country was still great . Gas was cheap, tracks were abundant, Illegal immigration was still illegal. world was less crowded, Good jobs were plentiful. I would hate to be young & just starting out right now. What the hell is left to look forward to anymore.

Thats why I left the arm pit of calif.
not saying where I'm at is for everyone,
but, 1hr north is Las Vegas strip
1.5 hr south is Speedworld
and Lake Havasu is trying to get a new dragstrip going on the north end of town. (30 min away)

it makes me sad to see all the motorsports facilities closing.
but what can you expect from the land of fruits and nuts, ( and illegals)

and Lake Havasu is trying to get a new dragstrip going on the north end of town. (30 min away)

Yeah Cruz, cause of my wife's job I'm stuck here for now. Problem is to where I hate snow & cold weather & don't feel like frying in the summer. They have taken the most beautiful state in the union & ran it into the ground. Meanwhile liberal idiots like Jerry Brown keep getting elected. The worst is yet to come.

Are you in BHC?

~JM~

I'm glad I lived in a time where this country was still great . Gas was cheap, tracks were abundant, Illegal immigration was still illegal. world was less crowded, Good jobs were plentiful. I would hate to be young & just starting out right now. What the hell is left to look forward to anymore.

I am a young guy trying to make it. I have a good job but a lot of my friends suffer. Gas this summer will hurt everyone.

WELCOME TO CALI.. I BITCH ABOUT OUR TRACK GOING FROM OUTLAW TO LEGAL .. CANT IMAGINE IT BEING CLOSED ..I FEEL FOR YOU GUY'S ..SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS ..

Looks like I going to strip the tint off my windows, go with stock wheels and tires or like SpoolFools set up, put a whatever # the DMV gives me Lic plate on the back and and have fun with my car on the street. LOOk OUT CHICKEN I'll be in you neck of the woods the 17th lol