Fontana: 13 May, 2005, all of the local so cal talent is signed

Why do these races have to be on FRIDAY?!?!

I might have to be at the crappy event in spirit...:(

Last event was worthless, considering we had about 20+ spectators hanging around the Buicks. :rolleyes:

Morgan don't critique my grammar please!

;)

Phil

Phil:
Too bad that you are not going. This looks like a kick ass Buick event

Originally posted by ledzeppac
Why do these races have to be on FRIDAY?!?!

Phil

I feel you brother, I have to plan about a month out on anything I do now day's. And even then it's sometimes hard to attend events, gotta love the Marine Corps:p Anyway, hope you can make it and don't worry, plenty of smack down will be had.

I just hope my ECM and upgraded chip gets back to me before then.

Ray

Neal,

I searched for your ad on AutoTrader and I didn't have any luck finding it. If you send me the details: Dankler1@aol.com I will be happy to shop it on all the boards I'm on. Talk to you soon.

Sean

Originally posted by A4Blk98SS
Neal,

I searched for your ad on AutoTrader and I didn't have any luck finding it. If you send me the details: Dankler1@aol.com I will be happy to shop it on all the boards I'm on. Talk to you soon.

Sean

Just incase he doesn't see this I'll give him a call later on and also email him at his work. If I had the money, I would buy his Camaro in a heart beat, very nice, very fast car!

Ray

what time are people going?

im taking the day off and bringing my video camera. the alternative motoring site said...

"Spectator is free with a paid registrant. Since this is a “private” track rental, it is not open to the public. It is limited to friends, families, and crew members of the participants"

can i be someones "friend"?
god does that sound pethetic!

i'll make sure ya get video footage.

andrew

Re: what time are people going?

Originally posted by Drewster
im taking the day off and bringing my video camera. the alternative motoring site said...

"Spectator is free with a paid registrant. Since this is a “private” track rental, it is not open to the public. It is limited to friends, families, and crew members of the participants"

can i be someones "friend"?
god does that sound pethetic!

i'll make sure ya get video footage.

andrew

Just drive in, they don't care. The track just wants to keep the hoodlums out.

Bad news is I won't be running the car today do to a falty ECM, I decovered last night. I was told when I got it back it was ok and had a good bill of health. But after sticking a stock ECM in and just turning the key to the on position, I am now getting fuel to the rails. Ohhh well, maybe next time!

Hope everyone has fun and be safe.

Ray

hey Phil and everyone It was a good showing by the buick community. I didn't get to see everyone race I do know however that Jeff Rand ran 9.95 Neal ran 10.7@115 but hurt his car pretty severly :(. I don't know who had the TTA there but it was running solid 11's if memory serves me correctly. Jason didn't get to run, Morgan didn't bring his GN but ran 13.6 at 103 in his GTO. I believe drewster had the light blue t-type?? if not who's ever that was, was running solid 12's. There was a primed TB there that ran 8.5 at 167 the fastest pass of the night. Reggie was running in the solid 10's the fastest pass I saw was 10.4 I believe. Scott in the toyota was having problems but I believe still ran around 10.6. Overall it was another good showing from the community. That's all I remember but those were just some of the highlights from the night.

Thanks,
Brian

The TTA is Frank's (1BADDAM) on this board and is out of Temecula, Ca. Very good showing by Frank. I believe that those are the best times that he has ever run in that car.

i didnt run that night. but i did get some fantastic video footage. once i figure how to get the file size down ill post them on a web site. right now most of the files were around 90Meg so i dont think anyone will sit around while that downloads.
it may not be till next weekend when i get the files squared away.
patricks best time in the primer grey car was 8.5 at 167.

i was to late to sign up. so i video'd instead
my t-type is grey. i cant remember the blue drivers name.

Great turnout

Guys,

Good to see you all again! Thanks to all the Buick guys who showed up whether racing or spectating. I wanted to congratulate Jeff Rand on his first 9 second pass and Frank on his 1st and 2nd 11 second passes in his turbo TA. It was nice to see his dad Bob again too. I didn't get to meet Pat Martinez but I was impressed by his mid 8 second passes. I'm sure he has more H.P. on tap.

I'm planning on coming out next time. Not sure if my car will be back in one piece. Looks like I'll be changing at least one head gasket. Where did that that chip come from anyway? ;) I'll have to get my wife's permission too since I sold the T-type to her for 25 cents on Saturday. I hope she'll still let me race it. :)

Neal

Re: Great turnout

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Guys,

Good to see you all again! Thanks to all the Buick guys who showed up whether racing or spectating. I wanted to congratulate Jeff Rand on his first 9 second pass and Frank on his 1st and 2nd 11 second passes in his turbo TA. It was nice to see his dad Bob again too. I didn't get to meet Pat Martinez but I was impressed by his mid 8 second passes. I'm sure he has more H.P. on tap.

I'm planning on coming out next time. Not sure if my car will be back in one piece. Looks like I'll be changing at least one head gasket. Where did that that chip come from anyway? ;) I'll have to get my wife's permission too since I sold the T-type to her for 25 cents on Saturday. I hope she'll still let me race it. :)

Neal
Thanks Neal,
As you know you are a big part of getting my car to run the way it does. Your advice over the years has been extremely helpful. I think I have found my oiling problem so I might be able to join you for the next Fontana run.
Jeff