Flywheel grief

keithnh

Trying to convert 84 Buick 231 in my 84 Cutlass to stick for my 78 Pontiac Sunbird/Astre wagon. Cute little car want this swap to work. Have a Monza 231 bell housing on the way from CO ... don't have the right flywheel and clutch setup for the H-body application. There is a possibility the H-body with 231 allows use of a standard clutch flywheel setup since its shorter, 4 and 8 use a smaller diameter flywheel and 9" clutch. Dont know if this is the case yet. Just want to know what my flywheel options for the 84 engine are and where I might locate one.

Trying to convert 84 Buick 231 in my 84 Cutlass to stick for my 78 Pontiac Sunbird/Astre wagon. Cute little car want this swap to work. Have a Monza 231 bell housing on the way from CO ... don't have the right flywheel and clutch setup for the H-body application. There is a possibility the H-body with 231 allows use of a standard clutch flywheel setup since its shorter, 4 and 8 use a smaller diameter flywheel and 9" clutch. Dont know if this is the case yet. Just want to know what my flywheel options for the 84 engine are and where I might locate one.[/QUOTE

i changed over a 85 T to a 5 speed using salvage parts call if i can help 417-414-5248 skip

i changed over a 85 T to a 5 speed using salvage parts call if i can help 417-414-5248 skip
Thanks Jeff
Just got my first flywheel try and will be tring to get-r-dun asap. Have friends at several shops will try bubble balancer and wheel balancer to see if I can id offset value and location and equalize before bolting up. May have to buy a different starter ... might try to get a mini with dual bolt patterns.

Trying to convert 84 Buick 231 in my 84 Cutlass to stick for my 78 Pontiac Sunbird/Astre wagon. Cute little car want this swap to work. Have a Monza 231 bell housing on the way from CO ... don't have the right flywheel and clutch setup for the H-body application. There is a possibility the H-body with 231 allows use of a standard clutch flywheel setup since its shorter, 4 and 8 use a smaller diameter flywheel and 9" clutch. Dont know if this is the case yet. Just want to know what my flywheel options for the 84 engine are and where I might locate one.

flywheel when you balance it use a COATS 1250 it will balance down to .00 that is 100th of an ounce i have one it works skip