Fluid leak at firewall

Jbenn911

Still tryin to learn !!
Greetings all,
Noticed some brake fluid on the ground and when I looked into it, noticed that the resevoir was a little down and brake fluid appeared to be leaking down the firewall were the powermaster is connected. As a new owner, I can only assume that it's the original unit with a new pressure switch and accumulator..Is there a seal or something that can be changed out ?? Any ideas would be appreciated !!! Thanks in advance

JB

nope, no seal. the seal is inside the master cylinder. when it leaks, its done. i actually just replaced mine today, it only took about 30 mins.

ok.cool..i'll be taking the unit off the car tomorrow and see what's what..maybe i'll get lucky and it'll be a leaking hose or something..really hard to see what's going on with all the lines and hoses and wires around..have to wait until it's off the car..thanks for the reply..

When you take it off, if there is fluid coming out of the master cylinder(the piston) then you know its bad.

ok..thanks for the info..i'll know for sure tomorrow when I get it off the car, I guess...