Flex Fuel Sensor - Where/How to Mount?

I suppose Id be better off just running a Y fitting in place of the first T...Sigh..back to the drawing board cause what you say makes sense! damnit haha

yes running a Y is much better. Also i agree about the timing. to take full advantage you would need the timing tables to change. but atleast you get a/f changes

just run a return line y it, run one line straight to another y and run the other side to the flex sensor then back to a Y simple

just run a return line y it, run one line straight to another y and run the other side to the flex sensor then back to a Y simple

I think this would be a much better choice. You could machine an orifice that would allow for some restriction in the main line as well. It wouldn't take much to persuade the fuel to flow like you want if you had a slight orifice machined and put into the main return line.

,Dan

no need imop. y it like i posted and run the pump and you sill see more then enough fuel will pass through both the main line and the flex sensor.

Getting close to done on my sensor install. I will have photos to share with everyone before Thanksgiving! I'm mounting it on drivers side wheel well. I am running a Champion fuel rails and an Aeromotive FPR so my exact install will be designed around that.
Conrad

I haven't decided where to mount mine yet either....I set it up though where I can mount it where ever I want. The return line still just runs in the same general place, I just put some fittings together to be able to T it off...the sensor doesn't really need to be right in line..just need to bleed off a little fuel to it for a reading. I will most likely mount mine back by the tank somewhere.

eq44mv.jpg

2mm6654.jpg
Where did you get those fittings and part #s. I would really appreciate it.

Clint

No, I modified the stock fitting to allow a stainless -6 fitting to fit on top of it which I TIG welded on.

,Dan

GetOwnedVette said:
Which ones....I opted out of the T fittings and replaced them with Y blocks. Let me know which ones and ill get you some info

The fittings that secures the lines to the sensors...

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Fuel Sensor-3.jpg

Here is my install with -8AN "Y" fittings. I fab'd an aluminum "L" shaped bracket and secured to DS wheel well. Still need to shorten some of the hoses.
Conrad

Here is another shot. Fuel lines pass under the brake booster.
Fuel Sensor-2.jpg