Flex Fuel Conversion

Automatic timing correction too?

Weather got cold here before I even got a chance to start using my SD2.... now I'm already in withdrawals!

If you do it ... count me in for a few setups ... this would be the ultimate tuner setup

I have GM flex fuel integrated with FAST XFI. The air to fuel ratio is automatically adjusted to ethanol content in the fuel (hint...don't have to run 100% E85!). Still have to deal with timing tables but works great!
Conrad

FAST XFI does NOT adjust timing. It will adjust A/F if you connect GM Flex Fuel sensor!

2 different chips, 1 for 93, 1 for E-85 ..unless your running an XFI, I was low 90% DC on 79# injectors near mid 11's/ low 7.xx in the 1/8.

I'm really wondering about this as I'm thinking of making the switch. On C16 and running low 10's my car was seeing about 65% duty cycle on 80lb injectors. Given that ethanol takes 30% more, I would have thought that 80's would be still good for low 10's and right at below 90% duty cycle.

So... anyone else have a take on this? Thanks

It depends on who you talk to on how fast you can go. My experience was looking like high 10's with a DC in the higher 90's or 100's. Other say they have had cars in mid 10's.
I know a stock internal engine can handle 80's with no problem, if I was running an all stock motor and wanted to convert to E-85 80's is where I would start.
If you have 80's why not try it, and see. If you are already in mid 10's area I would turn it down at first to be safe. If you were buying new, I would say getting 120's. Kip handed me my 120's the other day and it will be interesting to see where they are at when the rebuild is done.

I'm really wondering about this as I'm thinking of making the switch. On C16 and running low 10's my car was seeing about 65% duty cycle on 80lb injectors. Given that ethanol takes 30% more, I would have thought that 80's would be still good for low 10's and right at below 90% duty cycle.

So... anyone else have a take on this? Thanks

The 80lb injectors are actually rated 80lb/hr on n-heptane if you read the fine print, which is good news. It means they are actually "a little bit bigger" when you run them on gasoline or E85. Adjusting for the fuel density gives you 86.3lb/hr (for C16) and 91.6lb/hr on E85. 6 injectors running at a mass flow rate of 91.6lb/hr and an engine running with a bsfc of .845 yields 650HP. So they are "in the neighborhood" when they're wide open.