first 12 sucked

85 TR

finally got the car out and it would not keep the intercooler piping on it, every pass blew off right after i got into third ran a best of a 12.92 @ 92 mph :eek:

i got some good 1/8th mile runs but dont know what they would be in the quarter best 1/8th was 8.02@ 84.7mph you guys have any idea around what i would hae run if the intercooler piping stayed on

thanks

are those times correct???? I ran 8.87 @ 97 in 1/8th on street tires. Seems like a big difference for running 8 tenths quicker but 13 mph slower. Was the piping coming off before or after 1/2 track?

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
are those times correct???? I ran 8.87 @ 97 in 1/8th on street tires. Seems like a big difference for running 8 tenths quicker but 13 mph slower. Was the piping coming off before or after 1/2 track?

8.0 @ 85mph seems right for a car that 60fts pretty good. I used to run 8.0's @86-87mph with high 1.7 60fts and the car was running mid 12's like daverr said.

Tom Tom Turbo I think you need to get some better street tires, my best 1/8 mile this year on pumpgas and street tires ;) is 7.108 @ 97.28, course that was a 1.53 60ft and M/T is my street tire :)

HTH,
Steve

you are telling me! I ran those times with the 245/45/ZR17 G-force BFGs in my sig. The best I could get was a 2.18 60-foot launching at 4 psi.....but fear not, ET Drags are being mounted this week! Those crappy times were enough to run down a Ram Air T/A with a 75 shot...even after he cut a 1.7 60-foot with DRs.

well if weather permits ill be back out saterday and ill let you guys know what i run.

car went a best of a 12.59 and highest mph was 105.94 gota 7.9 1/8th on the 12.59 and went 104.9 i leaned it out but then got a 1.79 60ft and ran a 12.62 at the higher mph . only got two runs then it started raining:rolleyes:

Tom Tom Turbo said:
you are telling me! I ran those times with the 245/45/ZR17 G-force BFGs in my sig. The best I could get was a 2.18 60-foot launching at 4 psi.....but fear not, ET Drags are being mounted this week! Those crappy times were enough to run down a Ram Air T/A with a 75 shot...even after he cut a 1.7 60-foot with DRs.

Tom Tom, im not trying to offend or anything but are you sure your mph in the 1/8 wasn't 87 and not 97 or maybe the clocks were off a bit? 97 in the 1/8 equates to about 121-122 in the 1/4 and I've never really seen a stock heads/cam 44 go that fast. Even with a 2.18 i would think trapping 97 would at least be a high 7 in the 1/8. Again hope im not offending you or anything, just found it strange.

85 TR.. good running car you got there. I hate it when it rains my track day lol. That means the air must have been pretty crappy for racing, with some better cooler air i bet low 12s should be in reach. good luck

Remember one thing, big rims and low profile tires will severely limit your traction on the launch...even with street tires. 17" rims might look good and make the car handle better....but you will hurt your short times due to traction issues. stick with 15" rims when you want mazimum street performance on the launch :)

JDSfastGN said:
Tom Tom, im not trying to offend or anything but are you sure your mph in the 1/8 wasn't 87 and not 97 or maybe the clocks were off a bit? 97 in the 1/8 equates to about 121-122 in the 1/4 and I've never really seen a stock heads/cam 44 go that fast. Even with a 2.18 i would think trapping 97 would at least be a high 7 in the 1/8. Again hope im not offending you or anything, just found it strange.

Ditto. Even Completely blowing off the tires and aborting runs, I haven't run as slow as 8.87 in the 1/8th since my car was stock and I have NEVER ran faster than 94 mph.

Epitome said:
Remember one thing, big rims and low profile tires will severely limit your traction on the launch...even with street tires. 17" rims might look good and make the car handle better....but you will hurt your short times due to traction issues. stick with 15" rims when you want mazimum street performance on the launch :)

True but it can be made to work, i run 17x9.5s with nitto 315/35s in the rear and pulled a 1.66 on my way to a 7.32 in the 1/8. Needless to say i was happy. But when it comes to really launching, i leave that to my hoosiers on T rims :D