Finish My Combo!

Franks86gn

I'm putting an all new engine together and would like your comments and thoughts on how to finish it.
My goal is a street friendly car that's capable of 11.00 - 11.30 quarter mile ETs 93/94 pump fuel no alky, 110 for the track.

All that is left to decide on are Turbo, Injectors & Convertor

Here's what I have:
109 .030 over
2 center steel main caps/ARP studs
Stock crank std/std
Stock Rods/ARP bolts
TRW forged pistons/lightweight pins
Stock heads/comp valve job/980 springs
Stock Rockers
204/214 Hyd Flat tappet cam
Stock headers
Ported lower intake, stock plenum, RJC power plate, stock throttle body
single 340 pump-hot wired, ATR adj fuel regulator
Modded ECM & FAST classic
Terry Houston 3" Downpipe, Hooker cat-back
PTE Front Mount intercooler
Extreme TH2004R stage 1 with manual brake

I have a set of 55# Siemens I'd like to use but not sure if they will meet my goals.

The car itself is set up with line lock, rear boxed control arms/air bags/ CE shocks, scanmaster & direct scan
16x8 wheels for street and Centerlines with 28x9 ET Drags for track.

Thanks.

I think you really have a solid build here. I would look into the Billet 5857 turbo with a 10" PTC converter. I think you have a good injector size, but your boost is going to be limited and tune is going to be very important to eliminate detonation. Your goal would be easier to obtain running ALKY and turning up the boost. IMO, Bison would build my turbo and Dusty Branford would build my converter. The rest is all in the tune!!

I agree with Scott ID use the 6262 MINIMUM and get the heads ported 55# injectors will go 11.0 but you're approcahing the max. Id sell them and buy MINIMUM 60# injectors. IF THIS WAS ME ID BUY the 80 #ers

I agree on the 80lb injectors. Used up my 60's pretty easily. You're going to need boost to meet your goal though.

55s should be good for 10.70s, and a good 340 will be maxed out around there also. 11.00 you will be fine with a 6031 or 6069 minimum. it will take around 23-26 psi to run 11.0s and 110 may not be up to the task, but 110 should be good for 11.30s. It will take some timing, tune and more octane, a good 2800-3200 stall and some time at the track to get your 11.00s. 60s will go mid 10s so I would use what you have. I have been 10.91 with 50s and a single walboro 340, some think you need more fuel volume but octane is what is needed.

Thanks for all the replies!

Would 80# injectors, GT6776E, and a PTC 10" nlu get it done?

With the 80s I could use my non modded ecm and sell the 55s with the modded ecm as a package.

should be enough turbo, injectors and converter for mid tens, probably more than what the motor will do.

Thanks for all the replies!

Would 80# injectors, GT6776E, and a PTC 10" nlu get it done?

With the 80s I could use my non modded ecm and sell the 55s with the modded ecm as a package.

just get 84#'s same price an they will out flow ur single fp.... thats a big turbo ... 84's dont need moded ecm .. might need a boost gauge that reads 35#

shitty non matched converter all stock motor 6768 60# inj on meth went 10.97 1/4 blowing hg at 1k foot mark

It was tuned by me since day one 8yrs ago .. prolly has something to do with it. I did max out the fuel in high gear with erics chip

ported heads and i think you should consider running alky as a single nozzle will allow you to hit your track goals and still use the 55lb injectors you have already.if your dead set against it,you can just run a small 7th injector setup and be covered fuel wise with 55lb that you already have,but still need the octane to run boost.