Fine no one wants to bring it up i WILL!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
What the EFF has happened to the value of our car's? Monte SS are selling for more on ebay, and local Clist 442's seem to have passed us too. It's our Fault we are the TB community we our to blame for current the value on our car's...For the record... no im not mad.. im disappointed, that one of the best Muscle Car's EVER BUILT are just being given away ...compared to other chitty built vehicles no pun intended but you know what i mean,..What can be done to kinda level the market on our car's we are drowning...does anyone feel the same? man a few year's ago i had to save up for a long time to buy one of these hunka junks, it was impossible to get a nice TB for under 13k...

i guess im the only one that feels like this, w.e i guess to keep it positive better for us TB guys.. but just mark it down as a bad investment, or a loss on your taxes. :D

pls dont bring up the economy because i see Bugatti's, Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, and Bentley's on a daily basis. But im in (Miami)...

I really don't see those people as 1986/87 Buick owners :rolleyes: Come on.. Face it .. It's a $15/18k (new) 25 year old car .. If you are that concerned dump the car ya have an go get a Bentley :cool:

These cars like all the others are only worth what someone with the $$$$$ will pay for it. Bottom line. Oh of course I have to add.. Cars are NOT investments (unless I own it :p) !!! They are toys.

I never plan to sell mine so value to me is where I am at. Couldn't care less but the less valuable the less likely mine gets stolen.

Bad Economy 101: Less people buying+more people needing to sell their toys=lower values

They are worth what people will pay, some people are in a financial bind and have no choice but to find a buyer. Only buyers out there are bargain shoppers. I would sell mine in a heartbeat for what it was worth in 07, but I know it's not worth the effort to list it today. So I guess in a way i'm helping the market for you :rolleyes: BUT if my family was in financial deep $hit, it'd be gone at fire sale price just like others have had to do. They are not investments. If you bought one trying to make money on it you deserve to lose your a$$. My 2 cents...

AND FWIW, I doubt most of the other g bodies you are watching are actually selling at those high prices...

I'm really glad to see the GN values staying reasonable myself. I was concerned back in 2007 that our cars would become a $50k and up collector. If that happened I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much as I have over the past 12 years! I would rather have a unique looking, super quick car to race and drive comfortably on the street anytime than some high dollar car that I worried about all the time.

These cars are really special, while affordable for the common everyday person. Much prefer this.

Too many g body's on the market right now in general. Saw an 80 aerocoupe with 15k miles all summer last yr. Couldn't sell for $15k. The equivalant GN would have went quick. What gets me is the premium people are asking for hot air cars with so many intercooled cars for sale. When I see hot air cars at $10k its a bit of sticker shock.

Its not the cars, its the market. Look at economic trends as a whole when these cars were getting $20-30K. Its a different world now. Nobody really believes these cars are an investment, thats just something we tell ourselves (or wives) to justify getting one. Considering, for example, how much home prices have fallen in the last few years, I don't think the drop in value of these cars is actually all that big.

If you're still upset about the value, then just drive the damn thing. Then you'll forget about it :cool:

What???? My car is STILL worth $38,347.99. Not gonna sell it for a penny less.

(unless you are a nice guy then it'll only take $12,500 to take it off my hands.):)

The fastest way to sell a car is to sell it cheap. Some people need money quick. That changes the market. Asking price does not set market value, the actual selling price does. I don't see a trend in the other g's going up with us (even though I own an 87 SS) going down. Simply based on performance and reputation, car for car, the TR will be more valuable. The market may be a bit off, but nothing unusual based on the change in the ecomomy. It's not 2007-8 anymore.

I have been looking for another Monte the past year or so. I really am having a hard time finding something decent for a decent price. I'm either looking for a well built car or a roller to build myself and I cant find anything. Everyone seems to be asking the same price as a GN (roller or complete). It also might have something to do with aftermarket parts going up in price. GN parts are stupid money (stock and aftermarket). In the down economy, people research before they buy. Why would anybody want to spend the kind of money these vendors want for GN parts when they can go buy a complete LS motor and mod it for the price of a front mount intercooler. These cars are now nitch market cars. They used to be the baddest of the baddest, the almighty Grand National. Now people could care less about them, other than saying "Hey cool car man." They'll throw an LS into a Monte with some decent mods and wax a GN for less than a third of the price. I'm full blown addicted to these cars, they are a huge part of my life and that'll never change but to the average Joe, why would he buy a GN? There's a lot of choices out there in Muscle Cars now. The GN is past it's prime. They are really only cool to us guys.

Why would anybody want to spend the kind of money these vendors want for GN parts when they can go buy a complete LS motor and mod it for the price of a front mount intercooler. These cars are now nitch market cars. They used to be the baddest of the baddest, the almighty Grand National. Now people could care less about them, other than saying "Hey cool car man." They'll throw an LS into a Monte with some decent mods and wax a GN for less than a third of the price.

The LS is only cheap when you start with a truck motor and do it all yourself. My buddy put a STOCK LS powertrain from a wrecked firebird in a monte, says by the time its all said and done he's near 10k in it. BUT he paid for the fancy gauge setup that fits the monte, paid someone to merge the harnesses, he's using the 4L60E, etc. I like his car but I wouldn't trade him!

I do agree that they have finally been surppassed by technology. Took them a solid 10-15 years to to it but it's done. LC2 was WAY ahead of it's time using production lower end "junk". And that yugo was pretty cool.