Finally in the 9's

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I finally broke in the 9's. We decided to go to Norwalk tonight since 42 got rained out last Saturday. Temps were in the mid 60's, very dry. First pass left off 5psi, 23psi boost, shifting way too soon 10.17@134 1.50 60'. Next pass left on 7psi and spun 10.20@136 1.67 60'.
My third pass felt great, 23psi, launching on 5psi, 10.8 on the wideband, hit the rev limiter shifting into 3rd (I forgot to grab the lever with the shifter:redface:)
1.45 60'
6.29 @110 1/8
9.86 @137 1/4
I figured it went in the 9's and was still together to take to the car show on Sunday, so I parked it. Car weighed 3501 with me in it. Still have some boost and timing to give it.

Its starting to feel pretty good. I am sure you know how useless and stupid it is on the street.:biggrin: I just drive it like an old lady to keep me out of trouble. Cars and turns come up too fast. Now I wish I gave it more boost.

I got it on video, just need to get it posted.
I am thinking about going out this Friday and cranking it up to 30psi.

Congrats!!I knew when i saw you goin down that it was a 9 sec. pass!!!Great job man!

Thanks guys! I am going through the traps at 5800rpm, which is 3% slip figuring the tires are actually 28" tall. The track was slick, but the car was hooking pretty well. I am going to do some shock adjustments to keep the tires from unloading. I think I have the fronts going to full extension to quickly. It pulled the wheels on every pass, then unloads and spins alittle. I am sure better prep would stop the spinning though. This is all off the foot brake. That PTC converter is awesome, big thanks to Keith Soffa and Dusty Bradford.

Congratulations on breaking into the single digit zone, Rob!! The car is definitely hauling a$$... :biggrin:

Anyone else make any passes?

K.

Joe couldn't make it out. There were 6 turbo Buicks there. All in all we had a very good night. Two of the cars are basic bolt on cars running mid 11's. We are going out this friday with the one. It went 11.69 with a TE44 on 21psi on a totally stock short block. We wanted more boost, but it was going lean. We think it has a bad fuel pump as the fuel pressure won't go passed 60. We put a whooping on the Mustangs.

I finally broke in the 9's. We decided to go to Norwalk tonight since 42 got rained out last Saturday. Temps were in the mid 60's, very dry. First pass left off 5psi, 23psi boost, shifting way too soon 10.17@134 1.50 60'. Next pass left on 7psi and spun 10.20@136 1.67 60'.
My third pass felt great, 23psi, launching on 5psi, 10.8 on the wideband, hit the rev limiter shifting into 3rd (I forgot to grab the lever with the shifter:redface:)
1.45 60'
6.29 @110 1/8
9.86 @137 1/4
I figured it went in the 9's and was still together to take to the car show on Sunday, so I parked it. Car weighed 3501 with me in it. Still have some boost and timing to give it.

Outstanding job Rob! Congrats on the 9 second pass!! Wish I could have made it out there with you guys! Can wait to see how my new PTC works out Dusty and Keith set me up with.:D

Brian