Finally got her moving :)

wordy1

Been running toluene with GREAT success.. about 20% toluene, and the rest 100 octane "Rocket Fuel" from Gas City.. With no other race gas around its about the best I've been able to come up with. What you guys think??

With more fuel and timing have been able to boost at 25 psi at my Turbo's peak output... Although I suspect that there is plenty more to go as there's no knock, but my turbo is at its peak efficiency at 23 psi.. as the times went down slightly higher, although about equal at 25 psi.. with slightly better MPH's. Just was worried about spark knock.. Wish I was able to run at a 1/4 mile track to get some better data..

There are other ways to make the car go faster, ie. better traction, less weight, leaving at higher boost (which will mean upgrading the brakes), etc..

Its amazing, it would start to knock with 93 octane even with no timing (at least not much past stock, (Eric's Street chip)) at 17 psi.... now its running like this..

Wasn't expecting this kind of gain with a little tuning... took the car out to Charleston, IL and beat the pants off of just about everything... thankfully I had some Drag Radials on the car as it spun them pretty good.. Left at 5 psi, brakes wouldn't hold anymore.

Ran from 7.38-7.47 (1/8 mile); 60 ft. 1.63-1.84, 97.77-99.13 MPH in my many runs there.. They had to re-class me as I've yet to run under 7.50 in the 1/8th.. with less than perfect traction (as the track was very slick) and some wheel hop,, time for some rear end tweaking and better braking :)..

What would this be in the 1/4? I've read through some tables, it seems like I'm well into the 11's. I've always had fast ET's, just low MPH's on street tires and pump gas (the class I like to run), would it be the opposite now??

Check my sig. to see my combo.. Had some air in the pass. side air bag, just a little though as it hooked up pretty good, can't remember the amount..

Also guys, how long will the extra Rocket 100 gas last? Should I add some sta-bil to it, or just add it to my regular gas and use it? I probably won't be needing the better gas till next spring...

Sounds good, about what I was expecting... Track was really loose..

Hopefully I can get the car out for one more run this year...

Is 11.4 about all I can hope for, or is there more left in the motor??

I'm planning on duttweiler necks for the intercooler, an ALKY system, bigger injectors, and an RJC power plate... Any other add-ons I should consider??

IMHO... definately alky first.... then a dutt neck for the intercooler.

Bigger injectors and new chip after that. IMHO... with traction and tuning... if you can get your 60' down to a 1.5 or so.... 11.0's are not out of the question. But the air will have to be pretty good.... and other conditions will have to be there. You will have to have a much more agressive (read more risky) tune. More timing and more boost. You will need to sneak up on it..... watching knock like a hawk..... the added octane from the tolulene...+ cooling from the alky will make it easier to achieve 11.0's.

Someone else might can chime in when 42lb injectors need replacing.... I know my 60's are good for easy 10.50's..... and IMHO... should you buy a new set.... these would be my choice as long as your long term goals weren't faster than 10.50's....

HTH

IMHO... definately alky first.... then a dutt neck for the intercooler.

Bigger injectors and new chip after that. IMHO... with traction and tuning... if you can get your 60' down to a 1.5 or so.... 11.0's are not out of the question.

HTH

Not wanting to run on the ragged edge as you say, too cheap to spend the money for head gaskets I guess. This car has been through several sets already and has run as fast as 11 flat with a TA-61 turbo.. Now has a TA-60 instead, so I can't expect to run as fast..

Wanting to stay about where I'm at as I don't want to have to add a roll cage.. Some tracks won't allow a 11.99 and under car race without one. Want this car to be mainly a street car.. which is why I have a TA-60 turbo..

Will going with a higher stall help any, especially with spool up on the street?

Will my gas milage change when I upgrade to the parts I am considering? Getting ~30 mpg fairly consistently..