Finally Completed

65vette396

Accepting Donations 4 C16
Well guys, finally got everything together and running. Car went 10.17 @ 133 last weekend with a missing fat tune of 10.60-10.8 AFR on the wideband. and 19 lbs. of boost. Hoping for mid to low 9's when I get it tuned on 25-26 PSI. Can someone tell me how to re-size pics so I can post here? or should I just email so to you guys and get you to post em. Let me know. Thanks, Drew

Norbs, I am using a zeitronix unit and I absolutely love it. I will email right now. Thanks, Drew

That turbo I've seen in a full weight Turbo Regal and 274ci S2 setup go mid 8's@165mph on race gas driving to/from the track. It should go easy low 9's.

Nice combo.. Those are really titanium rods? Wow!!

I assume you live in TX since you had Conleys help orchestrate this madness?

gnx7 said:
That turbo I've seen in a full weight Turbo Regal and 274ci S2 setup go mid 8's@165mph on race gas driving to/from the track. It should go easy low 9's.

Nice combo.. Those are really titanium rods? Wow!!

I assume you live in TX since you had Conleys help orchestrate this madness?

Yeah, I believe the car would go 8's if I really crank it up. I believe the car would go high 9's on 19 psi. if I ever get that one really clean pass. Times are soon to come on C-16 and 25-26 PSI. and I don't know how brave I am gonna get with the boost controler. Thanks for the kind words and yes it really does have a set of titanium rods in it, luckily I didn't buy them lol. I actually live in Tennessee, but purchased the car out of Texas. Conleys did all of the work originally and I purchased the car with a hurt cylinder (cir clip came out, wrist pin tore up a sleave). Hopefully Norbs can get the pics of this thing up soon as I think the motor looks pretty good. I will post pics of the car later if I can figure out how to post. Thanks again, Drew

You can pay me for this with left over stage parts!!

Attachments

• 100_9345 copy.JPG
    100_9345 copy.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 237
more

Attachments

• 100_9346 copy.JPG
    100_9346 copy.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 234
another

Attachments

• 100_9347 copy.JPG
    100_9347 copy.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 232
another one

Attachments

• 100_9348 copy.JPG
    100_9348 copy.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 229
almost done

Attachments

• 100_9349 copy.JPG
    100_9349 copy.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 225
done for now

Attachments

• 100_9350 copy.JPG
    100_9350 copy.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 228
65vette396 said:
. . . purchased the car out of Texas. Conleys did all of the work originally and I purchased the car with a hurt cylinder . . .

Drew, Looks Great. Who owned the car before you? Just curious, There arn't alot of those style intakes out there any more. Good Luck with it & keep us posted.
CC

Was that manifold modified from original? I have a conley's intake looks identical on the runners but the plenum lid and TB look different. Where is the turbo going with those headers

Norbs, I will take care of you brotha. Where do I send that new virgin 0153 block again??? let me know and I will pay shipping ;) . Seriously though, thanks a lot for your help.

Chris, I will verify when I get to the shop on Monday, but I believe my paperwork said Ron Williams originally owned the car and then it went to Wayne Eddy as far as I can remember. I will verify on Monday. Also, thanks for the kind words, you guys do some top notch work, that is for sure. Did I mention the car still has the old solid flat tappet custom Conley's grind cam in it??? lol

ChevyII, I have not touched the intake other than polishing it up and painting the CPP logo. The throttle body is an 85 mm. BBK mustang piece, was on there when I bought it. Headers have a crossover not in the pictures and a 3 in. up pipe. They are just hooker headers which I added V-bands to, so I could elliminate the junk three bolt flange and gastkets. I will post, or have someone help me post finished in car picts very soon. Thanks again, Drew