Finally...Coach's New Build...

Every major change to my car has has some bugs to iron out. Every engine change has had something that didn't go as planned, and I try to cover every base. The struggle always has a reward. We had to be car guys.

Been there, done that, and still doing it. First time I flew Cal up to tune my car, my fuel pump was acting up and we couldn't crank it up. Second time..........same thing. Went to the track, and the tranny took a shit on me. It wasn't til my 3rd year with this same build until I ran it out the back door. You hit the nail right on the head. You got to expect the unexpected when doing major changes to your car. I can't count the amount of times I have had my ass handed to me by Lady luck. One of my biggest crutches is, I'm just too prideful to post it .......... I give a lot of respect to those that do.

Well many were sending PM's, texts, and posting up. They all wanted to know what was up. I wasn't really in the mood to go into detail, so Brian posted a reasonable account of what's going on. I created a few issues with my chrome plated power steering pump, and "nicked" my tranny cooler core when building it. The tranny issues were just the icing on the cake. It will all get resolved and work out. Cal said the engine runs great...and that's the most important thing.

im sorry buddy ! there are a couple other events going on this year maybe you can make 1 of them ,i know i know you had your heart set on norwalk.

I look forward to seeing this work of ART in Bowling Green........Donnie keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!

The car is beautiful! Coach has taken Buicks to another level. It seems like every part had been chromed or modified. Brian has been busting his a$$ to get the car ready. His attention to detail is incredible. The car is real, real close to being finished. I had a pretty relaxing day and was able to spend a LOT of time getting the tune dialed in. The tune can't get much closer.
You are almost there, step back, take a deep breath, let your wallet recover, and then get this car finished!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The car is beautiful! Coach has taken Buicks to another level. It seems like every part had been chromed or modified. Brian has been busting his a$$ to get the car ready. His attention to detail is incredible. The car is real, real close to being finished. I had a pretty relaxing day and was able to spend a LOT of time getting the tune dialed in. The tune can't get much closer.
You are almost there, step back, take a deep breath, let your wallet recover, and then get this car finished!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
WOW...that post really means a lot. I thank you for your words of encouragement. I also really thank you for your tune. I wish it would have at least got where others could have seen it...even though it still needs some tidying up.
Thank you Cal.

Ok....had to fix the tranny cooler leak, and no longer thrashing to get the damn thing done, so I got board today...
This is the top of the cooler bracket.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399146977.343462.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399146988.518140.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399146999.685863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399147010.225323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399147026.498536.jpg

Coach - that looks AWESOME!!! whats the new ETA on getting the beast on the road?

aaron
It'll be a few weeks yet. The issues caused the timetable to get thrown way off. Vince is building a new transmission, and I'll come get the car. I need to tear down the power steering pump, and figure out what's up with that. Then I'll meet Brian at a track, and actually put the car into boost. I'll post updates as they come.

Depends when it is. This month is shot for me. I need to get a fresh set of tires, and I will bring it. I am itching to see what the converter and gear swap did, as well as giving it some boost.

Well I heard from Vince Janis today. He was assembling my new transmission. He will put it in the car in a day or two...then I can go get it.
I haven't seen it in almost a month!!!