Finally...Coach's New Build...

Gosh, was not thinking about the end of the fuel rail breaking. The pictures above is what I have. What else can one do?
My car had the rail plumbed w/ a braided hose, that was run to a manifold block. The block had the under hood gauge, and the psi transducer in it, mounted on the inner fender.

I think you just made his point. Chuck was referring to the weight of all the fittings screwed onto the factory fuel rail. The end cap with the threads on it may not take the vibrations over time, and may crack the end cap off the rail. If all the fittings were alum...would be better

I could see that then, although these fittings arent very heavy. If that was the case, by looking at your picture you have a similar setup, all hanging off the factory rail, and on top of that you have the fuel pressure sensor up there too. Unless your fuel rail is different then never mind, its kind of hard to tell from the pic I saw. Not trying to start a pissing match, just trying to offer a helpful idea to get rid of that brass fitting mess.

Now that is a solution.

I also did that w/ the turbo feed/fp bypass sw. block. I moved the bypass sw and a oil psi sender, to a manifold mounted at the AC box. [The turbo was fed from a port on the turbo saver.]
In order to prevent braided line from eating the wiring, when I make up the lines, I slide a piece of clear vinyl hose over it.

I got my up pipe welded up. Finished my blow-off brace to avoid damaging my hood pad. I'm running my ALKY lines now...I'll post more as I go.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394896582.059098.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394896598.142894.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394896613.963256.jpg

This is as far as I can go today with this. I'm waiting for my stainless 1/8pipe to 4 AN fittings to come. Then I'll machine a stainless junction block and plumb in the line from the ALKY pump. I have alum fittings...but ALKY eats alum.
I'm gonna go build the new boost line off my new fuel pressure regulator.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394899638.222557.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394899654.790084.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394899671.315973.jpg

I've bent 1000's of feet of stainless in my day, but this 5"inch long piece might be the toughest little prick I've dealt with so far...what a pain to get it right.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394921627.576913.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394921639.600236.jpg

If u would not over achieve U would not have that problem!!! ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The work you do just blows me away, no ? You are the best fab person I have ever seen. Nice work.

If u would not over achieve U would not have that problem!!! ;)

Ah Bone...that's not the point. I don't want any rubber boost lines or zip ties on this build.
I haven't posted any updates and knew I was building stuff today...so mentioning how tough it was...was sorta like blowing off steam.

Ha ha u know it looks good.. U over achiever u. Lol looks cool brother...:D

Look at mine lol!! Coming along

Attachments

• 1394928118689.jpg
    1394928118689.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Wow man, this wing is really slick! I've tried searching, and haven't found anything on whether you have started producing them. I'm sure a lot of people ask, but, is this something that you would consider making to sell? I'd love one for my GN..Yours is, by far, the nicest looking build i've ever seen on here!
Thank you,
Andrew
Production hasn't started but its always generating interest. My build, as well as the Nasty Wendy build, have me plenty busy. I'm hoping to get to it someday.

Ok...after listening to Chuck about the weight of the gauges hanging out on the fuel rail...I decided to change mine around. I made a support/fuel log and used the bolts for the pressure regulator to hang it.
Thanks Chuck for pointing out that possibility. It woulda sucked if it broke.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395531736.245771.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395531755.678606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395531772.800286.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395531799.507730.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395531841.829411.jpg

Damn son!! Cool beans..U need a billet cover for the cam sensor cap!! Just a thought. If u going to do do it all the way. Lol beautiful.