Final THS Rules for 2010

Please take this as a real suggestion or not (as I've never been a player in any of this racing) Maybe it would be wise to contact the turbo MFG's of buick turbos to see how many E cover 67's they have built vs S or H cover 67's?

Just seems like a 67 (or 66) turbo is what everyone would be using. but it does seem like the majority would opt for a 4" inlet turbo. Face it, it just looks cooler! The more significant cork to slow down the class is to take away the GTQ/HPQ turbine wheel option. That's the real power cork.

Anyway.. just food for thought...

Just to let everyone know where the races will be held.

None of these threads are stickies, so i thought i would copy and pasted these.

Too bad they are far from me, i have all those mods done already on my cars.

But they are slow :)

2010 THS schedule
Turbobuick.com Nationals
March 15-20
Burlington, NC

20th Anniversary Buick Race Day
May 21-23
Norwalk, OH

Buicks @ Bunker Hill
June dates to be announced
Bunker Hill, IN

BPG Nationals
July 30-Aug. 1
Columbus, OH

Midwest Buick Challenge
Dates TBA
Osceola, IN

Southern Buick Shootout
Nov. 5-6
Reynolds, GA

Bryan, thanks for adding that. It was a good idea.

Take care, Kip

Please take this as a real suggestion or not (as I've never been a player in any of this racing) Maybe it would be wise to contact the turbo MFG's of buick turbos to see how many E cover 67's they have built vs S or H cover 67's?

Just seems like a 67 (or 66) turbo is what everyone would be using. but it does seem like the majority would opt for a 4" inlet turbo. Face it, it just looks cooler! The more significant cork to slow down the class is to take away the GTQ/HPQ turbine wheel option. That's the real power cork.

Anyway.. just food for thought...

Thanks for the thought. Two things to consider are that when you speak of "E" covers this includes alot more than 66-67mm turbos.One there is no reason that a person has to have a 67 turbo to run this class. Just in the "E" cover alone I have seen TE44s,TE60s,TE61s,TE62s,TE63s,TE64s,TE66s and TE67s. Now add the TA series turbos and I think we have alot of people covered.
The second thing people seem to forget is that there is a class that already allows the 4 inch inlet turbos, TSM. If a person is serious about racing a 4 inch turbo they can run that class.

Thanks again, Kip

The second thing people seem to forget is that there is a class that already allows the 4 inch inlet turbos, TSM. If a person is serious about racing a 4 inch turbo they can run that class.

Thanks again, Kip
Not everyone has $30k a year of disposable funds to compete in TSM. Otherwise, I'm sure many would give a go....

GNBRETT, did you miss my question to you above? Looks like you might have been throwing some mud and I want to know if that is the case.

See ya, Kip

Bison, I have asked for Brett to expalin his statement so we will all know what he meant.
You did see that front mount intercoolers are legal? Your comment about them and the compressor covers makes it seem like you thought they were not to me.

See ya, Kip
I knew they were legal. Just a weird situation that the bigger comp cover arent since most guys already bought turbos to complement the rest of the combo which would not include an E cover. As it is anyone who wants to really fly needs a strictly THS build.

Bison, Why would you want big dogs in to set the bar where the average Joe dosent have chance to compete?That is not a way to gain car count.
This is heads up racing. Car count may be good for those running it but it doesnt do much to draw attention to the class. I personally want to see people run their cars for all they have. Not stories about how they had it turned down:rolleyes:. Keep in mind the quickest/fastest is not usually the winner.

GNBRETT, did you miss my question to you above? Looks like you might have been throwing some mud and I want to know if that is the case.

See ya, Kip
Nah, ur just a little putz imo and not worth me wasting anymore key strokes on you. Don't play stupid about the rules. Your smarter then that "Kip", or atleast you try to appear to be.....:rolleyes:

I agree. Alot of guys are running the newer 4" turbo's. Let'em in. Might make the class much larger. Seems everyone is going to run until race day. You have to have a low 10 second car to run TAI. Some are in the 9's. This class could be for guys that don't have $20,000-$30,000 to build a motor every year.

Just a Buick fan

Nah, ur just a little putz imo and not worth me wasting anymore key strokes on you. Don't play stupid about the rules. Your smarter then that "Kip", or atleast you try to appear to be.....:rolleyes:

I have nothing in this and don't plan to but I hate to see every thread turn into something like this.
Admit it GNBRETT--you made a bold statement--was asked to explain as it ruffled some feathers--then instead of explaining you make another stupid post. It appears you reply to every post on this board.

We are building a car for this class and like the rules.:D This is like the TSM rules alot of bitching from people that probably won't run this or any other class.
Kip I think you have something good going keep up the good work and remember you can only make a few people happy not everybody.:D

I have nothing in this and don't plan to but I hate to see every thread turn into something like this.
Admit it GNBRETT--you made a bold statement--was asked to explain as it ruffled some feathers--then instead of explaining you make another stupid post. It appears you reply to every post on this board.

Very well said LeeO........my sentiments exactly !

This is heads up racing. Car count may be good for those running it but it doesnt do much to draw attention to the class. I personally want to see people run their cars for all they have. Not stories about how they had it turned down:rolleyes:. Keep in mind the quickest/fastest is not usually the winner.

Stories are exactly what they are. Few will show their cards. Heads up racing is when you compete with a given set of rules that apply to everyone. The class will evolve cars will go faster with new turbos. TSO/TSM are good examples. Good luck with the class guys looks like a fun place to race.

Bison, me and you see things differently here. Car count is very important it shows interest by those willing to put for the time and money to actually race the class instead of complain about it. It shows events and sponsor where they want to spend their money and time. With a level playing field (ie rule) why would you think the front runner's would not have to lean on their cars? Also what I like to see as a spectator is close side by side racing and it seems you think they want to see a bunch of number hunters not racers.
Racers adapt to the rules so they can have a place to race. I have doen it plenty cannot see why anybody who is serious would not.

Take care, Kip

Ok a summary: your asked to explain something you said and you respond with name calling.
Do you even have a car you are planning on running in this class?
Also how do you know what I try to be?

See ya, Kip

Not sure why it has to be 3" in and 2" out on the turbo????

So billet wheels are OK!!!:eek::eek:

sounds more like a rule for TSA!!!;);)

I thought this was going to be the class to look forward TOO!!!!

JMO

thanks JD

Wow, I've never seen so much whining in my life before from grown men.
You guys can all go out and spend your time, your money, and go to races without your car to organize a class such as Kip, Collin and Ed have done. Damn Kip, you try to help the Buick world out and all you get is a bunch of bullsh!t and name calling. Pathetic!! Some of you need to step back from the keyboard and think about what you are saying/typing.
I'm helping a friend build a car for this....he had to buy a new cover but he didn't whine. He was just happy to have a heads up class to race in.

I see where the rules state "Gasoline" only. Does that exclude E-85 powered and tuned Regals.

Plan on using the stock style turbine 7 inch by 15 inch wheels on the front with the, the similar looking American racing 8 1/2 by 15 inch wheels on the back. Will that be close enough or do the wheels have to be an exact match.

Do I have to replace the BFG P275/50R15 drag radials as BFG states they measure 11.3 inches on 8.5 inch rims, as #2 seems to permit the tire, but #3 below seems to disallow:

* 2 (in part) Rear DOT radial tires with a sidewall designation of up to and including 295-55 are allowed.
* 3. Rear tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the vehicle cannot exceed a maximum width of 10.9” for DOT radial tires and 10.6” for drag slicks and rear DOT street tires, at 10 PSI checking pressure.

Thanks for making this race available guys. Just want to make sure my Blue Regal will be able to participate next year.

I also need to know about the E85 rule, we are planning on switching over this spring for the hot air?

Thanks

J