filter mounts...again

Jim Blackwood

So close. This photo is with the "Metric" filter mount. As you can see it's too close to the frame rail. Is there a filter mount that points more forwards or downwards? (remote is the very last resort) Thanks,

JB

Attachments

• MVC-858F.JPG
    MVC-858F.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 198
why would a remote kit be the last resort? those give you the ability to run a GOOD large chevy filter.....

Here's a super small filter, for perspective. I'd like to angle it away from the frame enough to get a fat filter in there.

JB

Attachments

• MVC-859F.JPG
    MVC-859F.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 180
Good thought, but it won't work. 3" diameter will hit the frame and they said those were 3-1/4" dia. That filter in the photo is only 2-1/2" diameter. It's for my compact tractor and really is nowhere near adequate, besides, the threads don't really match up right. I could use a common 3" filter and ding in the side of it if I had to, but that's not the solution I'm looking for here. A different mount is what I'm hoping to find.

This one is the V6 "Metric" mount. What else is available? Please?

JB

What did the V6 filter mount look like before they changed it to metric? Maybe that one will work.

Guys. I appreciate the suggestions for add ons, really I do. But that's not what I'm after here. Simpler is better. Fewest parts is best. I want a stock mount that will clear the frame and that's all I'm looking for. No D&D swivel mount, no adapters, no remotes. Just a stock mount that points either farther forward or farther downwards. It seems likely what with the number of Buick engines used in other cars, Jeeps, and even the Rovers that one should exist that will do the trick.

Isn't there anyone out there who is familiar with the various filter mounts that Buick used? Sorry if I sound frustrated, it's been a long and mostly fruitless search.

JB

The original one was a canister type filter. When GM redesigned it in the 70's it became the metric design. The years Kaiser/AMC (64-74?) owned it I don't know about but you might want to look at some from OMC boats. OMC used the Buick V6 is boats for a while and they may have a different adapter.