fender badges

dgreen

HELP since some dip shit hit my r/f fender in a parking lot i need a new GN fender emblem i looked at kirbans and they only sell them in a set of 3 for 259.95!!!!!! any suggestions?? Thanks

I just ordered the set from Kirbans about a month ago and the colors look way different than the originals...

I was at a local dealership couple weeks ago and try told me they can still get nos fender emblems and they went that badly priced

HELP since some dip shit hit my r/f fender in a parking lot i need a new GN fender emblem i looked at kirbans and they only sell them in a set of 3 for 259.95!!!!!! any suggestions?? Thanks

If you just looking to get one emblem this is the cheapest by far only $48 free shipping and for a full set of 5 pcs thats 3 pcs of T6 Grand National plus two intercooled emblems all for $ 162 shipped the seller has 100 percent feedback worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-87-Buick-Regal-Grand-National-GNX-fender-trunk-badg

I got body and paint work done this weekend paint guy was able to get emblems off of fender and it scraped off all old tape ! Thanks

Both colors we off slightly off probably made in different production facility from earlier ones

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

But defiantly different than the ones on my other 2 GNs that's why I never put them on thought the idlers ones looked better

But defiantly different than the ones on my other 2 GNs that's why I never put them on thought the idlers ones looked better

Were you able to get this resolved with Kirban??

I just figured that's how the new emblems looked so I threw the set in my parts box for maybe some other future use or sale. Also they were not in GM bags like the ones that I was use to buying back in the 90's from buick.

I just figured that's how the new emblems looked so I threw the set in my parts box for maybe some other future use or sale. Also they were not in GM bags like the ones that I was use to buying back in the 90's from buick.

Ours are 100% original GMs....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

every run of them from GM doe snot use the same color tape protection on the back!

What about a year ago when this post was made,were they then 100%?? And are you saying that there are no slight color differences on the actual emblem itself between production runs over the years?? By the way only way that anybody would actually care about the color of the sticker on the back would be if it had your autograph the great Mr DK

The reason I brought up about the various colors of the protective coating on the back is someone posted awhile ago stating only one color is correct and other colors are not.

I have still in the GM wrappers unopened emblems with 3 different color coatings on the back to disprove that thinking.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

here is another example: My background started with GTOs if you remember what the 1967 GTO front end looks like it have a left and rite black plastic shell with a brite metal mesh grille that attached to each side.

When GM ran out of the one side of the black plastic shell they made another run...only problem is the side they re-ran was a flat black and the other side was a satin black. A noticeable mistake when customers would install a set of new grill surrounds and discover that the grill surrounds did not match each other....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Just one of many examples....I am sure...

Again no on is talking about the color of the protective piece of paper on the back side of the covering the sticky tape. This was my point on the left 100% original GN emblem. On the right 100% original Kirban GN emblem. That's all I was saying the colors are slightly different and I ended up liking the ones that were on the car cause the new ones made me think that they were a blemished production run
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1399652688.844491.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1399652567.827885.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1399652567.827885.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 64
  • ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1399652658.062671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1399652658.062671.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 68
In the end it think it really comes down to preference and I preferred the old ones on the left. I still don't care about the color tape protector on the back!