Felpro Power Relay

tazgn

I went out and tried starting the GN the other day and had no fuel pressure. After spending a copuple hours today I found it to be due to a bad power relay to my Felpro computer system. This also explains why I've had a hard time connecting to it with my laptop lately (apparently the relay has been sticking or something). I jumpered the relay out with a wire, temporarily and the car started right up and the laptop connects perfectly (even with the key off due to the jumper supplying power to the ECM continuously). My question though is where do I get another one of these relays? The F.A.S.T. website doesn't really mention this relay as I think it was put in by the dealer when I ordered it for the GN. It's just a relay that powers part of the ECM when the key is on. It's a 12V, 40 amp relay with a part # 4RA 931 210-01 made by Hella apparently. Do any of you dealers have this? I got the system from Jack Cotton about 3 years ago. Thank You.

Derrick O'Brien
87 GN

Relay

Derrick,

The relay is a standard layout for the pins. I purchased a 30A version at Radio Shack (actually I purchased several and use them for fan relays as well). They are about $6, and mine is working just fine...

Bryan

Originally posted by tazgn
My question though is where do I get another one of these relays? The F.A.S.T. website doesn't really mention this relay as I think it was put in by the dealer when I ordered it for the GN. It's just a relay that powers part of the ECM when the key is on. It's a 12V, 40 amp relay with a part # 4RA 931 210-01 made by Hella apparently. Do any of you dealers have this? I got the system from Jack Cotton about 3 years ago. Thank You.

I'd suggest you try looking at several brands.
Remember you want a good reliable power supply.

I've taken a number apart and there is a huge difference in quality in 12V relays. Many of then use the friction of the pivot for the current transfer, while others spot weld a copper braid across the contact pieces. The ones with the braiding are alot less noisy(electrically), and longer lasting. Bosch used to do this, but I haven't looked at any of the current production ones. Hella might also be a good brand, but buy extras and pop the cover off to make sure thay have the braiding.

That my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it