Fel-pro intake gasket changed?

gunslinger

I'm going through my engine, and I've ordered two intake gaskets sets. I've got the MS96033, and the MS96037 sets, and neither of them have the blue coating on them. They're just tin gaskets.
Did felpro change them, or is there just a bad batch out there?
I don't see these sealing at all...

I have just opened a new MS96033 and it has the blue coated valley pan, not sure how long it was at the supplier?

seems like we had a thread on this a while back? I think that the blue ones are the replacements for the plain tin ones....

there was an identical thread to this one. They've been blue (and very thick) for decades. It would appear that FelPro might be outsourcing now.

Guess I'm going to have to keep ordering them until I get a good one.
Thats retarded. Has anyone called fel pro to ask what is going on with that? Ive redone my intake 5 times already because of the darned tin one. Got my intake shaved thinking that was the initial problem. But no stupid cheap intake gasket.....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The stock gasket is thin sheet metal. Normally intakes have to be shaved because the gasket is thicker and moves the intake out and up.

Just opened up one that I've had for a couple of months. It is blue. I will test fit it once I get the heads torqued on, but if it appears too thick due to the coating, I may try to strip it down to bare metal...

Like I posted in my thread the only difference I saw on the box was 78-87 turbo Buick was written on it. All the ones I've bought from Rockauto
Have been fine including the last one. I guess just make sure you peek in the box before you leave the store when you buy these. I'm not so sure how well a tin one would seal the intake with the water jackets?

Like I posted in my thread the only difference I saw on the box was 78-87 turbo Buick was written on it. All the ones I've bought from Rockauto
Have been fine including the last one. I guess just make sure you peek in the box before you leave the store when you buy these. I'm not so sure how well a tin one would seal the intake with the water jackets?

I ALWAYS smear some gm gray silicone around all the ports anyways

Yamabond is an awesome sealant for places like that. When you dissemble, the residue can be rolled off just by rubbing it with your thumb.

Yamabond is an awesome sealant for places like that. When you dissemble, the residue can be rolled off just by rubbing it with your thumb.
What type is the one you're talking about?
It seems there are many Yamabonds number rating out there

4 is the grey stuff and a little thicker. 5 is black, very thin and makes the living room smell awesome for about 3 hours :)

4 is the grey stuff and a little thicker. 5 is black, very thin and makes the living room smell awesome for about 3 hours :)
Is the smell similar to Linen & Sky Febreze scent or more like Sasquatch scented?:poop: