Fayetteville area Turbo Buicks

benoitthegr8

Sociopathic TR Ownership
we just moved back into the area recently, the old crew of TB guys have seemed to left or are not active anymore. I was wanting to organize a get together some day when it warms up, we can get the cars out, chit chat and get to know each other. I was thinking whe Sonic on Hope Mills Rd, only 5 miles and a strait shot from I-95 and I know the Mustang guys used to hang there so it seems like car friendly venue. Let me know what you think, maybe shoot for sometime in May.....

Ben Thompson

Just moved from Raeford to San Antonio 29 days ago. Great group of guys down there in the 'Nam.

1424095885680.jpg

Yeah, I've alreDy met Junior and know some guys from Raleigh/Greensboro area, hopefully we can get some peeps and do a fairly regular get together. Too bad you PCS'd

I'm sure I'll be back.
There's a few guys on post. Temoc and Gage have GNs and they are in the 82nd area just in case you see one on Bragg/Pope.

Was up at Mr. Clarks shop yesterday, there is no better way to get motivated to get the car running.

I might even drive down and meet some of you NC TB peeps. Not too far from me. 3 hours away and that is nothing plus I need to stretch Zelda out when it gets warm. I would also like to visit Mr. Clark one day soon.

Ok cool Sydwyndr. I know RC usually has a meet or open house in the spring or either in May. Do you know anything about this?

Just let me know about a get together. My GN has been in hibernation since October. Miss hangin' with the TB crew.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just let me know about a get together. My GN has been in hibernation since October. Miss hangin' with the TB crew.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hear you, my Turbo T was last ran in 2010, did a tour in Japan and came back to Bragg. I'm going to head to RC's to drop some parts to finish my build in a few weeks, I'll ask him about a spring TR outing. When I get a firm date to head up there I'll post here, most likely it will be during the week though, he seems less busy then.

I'm thinking a mid-May cruise in would be prime weather and get things rolling towards a test and tune day at the Fayettenam drag strip. Guess we'll see as we go, still it's good to see the TR community is still going strong, unfortunately the reality is were a dying breed. I guess that's why when it comes to our cars were very different than the other American Muscle guys.

Ok cool Sydwyndr. I know RC usually has a meet or open house in the spring or either in May. Do you know anything about this?

I know all about it because I'm the person that puts the event on. Unfortunately RC has had some things happen that have prevented the show for this year however 2016 is a good possibility. Richard definitely misses the event and wants it to return so keep your fingers crossed and we shall see

When the weather breaks here the 3.8 gets pulled from the car, haven't pulled a motor in a few years, anyone have a Haynes manual I can borrow?.....lol

We ended up driving up to RC's shop on Tuesday, yes the snow day.....lol. I would have given the peeps on here a heads up, but it was a last minute idea as were we really intending to drive to G-body parts. But no one there would answer the phone, and we said screw it, called RC and headed west on I-40. It was a productive day, got to introduce a local Buick enthusiast to RC, and accomplished some work on my motor or pistons. We pressed out wrist pins and drilled oil passages for the wrist pins, and my buddy checked all the ring clearances. All were tedious tasks, yet after what seemed like only an hour we were already there 4 and it was time to go back to Fayetteville :(

we just moved back into the area recently, the old crew of TB guys have seemed to left or are not active anymore. I was wanting to organize a get together some day when it warms up, we can get the cars out, chit chat and get to know each other. I was thinking whe Sonic on Hope Mills Rd, only 5 miles and a strait shot from I-95 and I know the Mustang guys used to hang there so it seems like car friendly venue. Let me know what you think, maybe shoot for sometime in May.....

Ben Thompson
Hey Ben, we met a few years ago, I think you're the first person I heard about RC from. Did my motor and trans up there in 2012. Get a gathering together I'm in...Ron Miller aka Millerman57

Hey Ben, we met a few years ago, I think you're the first person I heard about RC from. Did my motor and trans up there in 2012. Get a gathering together I'm in...Ron Miller aka Millerman57

I remember you and your WH1, good to hear from you, and glad to be back to NC....

Please keep checking this thread and I'm going to work out a date, lok forward to meeting again.

Ben

I remember you and your WH1, good to hear from you, and glad to be back to NC....

Please keep checking this thread and I'm going to work out a date, lok forward to meeting again.

Ben
Yeah man, I am on here just occasionally. There are a few TRs in Fay. I know the way to RCs for sure.