Favorite Police & Detective Movies

Little6pack

Ok I figured since there is a list out there for other type movies why not a Police & Detective Movies thread.

1) The Chior Boys
2) Serpico
3) Bullit

Heat
Bullitt
Untouchables
48 Hours
Training Day
Lethal Weapon 1 & 2
Super Troopers

Seven.... Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt

Hostage....Bruce Willis

Point Break....Patrick Swayze and Keana Reeves

The Last Boy Scout....Bruce Willis

Favorite movie...

HBO series? Does that count? If so "The Wire" was fantastic. I watched all 5 seasons in a two week period and I thought it was as realistic as a movie is going to get. Not perfect but real close.

HBO series? Does that count? If so "The Wire" was fantastic. I watched all 5 seasons in a two week period and I thought it was as realistic as a movie is going to get. Not perfect but real close.
Yep - that show was dead on balls accurate , well written , and well acted. Definitely my favorite cop TV show. As for movies ......
Cop Land
To Live & Die in L.A.
The French Connection
and don't forget "Colors"

Nighthawks. Sylvester Stallone, Billy Dee Williams and Rutger Hauer.

51WW1JK1N4L.jpg

Stallone-Nighthawks_l.jpg

Heat is one I just recently rewatched and it was great!

All the Dirty Harry movies were good IMO too:)

come on guy

donnie brasco
rush
others i liked were already mentioned but heat is one of my fav's

Not movies but the best ones I have seen so far.

Homicide Life On The Streets. (Baltimore)
The Wire. (Baltimore)
The shield. (LA)
First season plus (4) episodes of year (2) of NYPD Blue. (NY)

Brett gotta question bout the wire....

Not movies but the best ones I have seen so far.

Homicide Life On The Streets. (Baltimore)
The Wire. (Baltimore)
The shield. (LA)
First season plus (4) episodes of year (2) of NYPD Blue. (NY)

Do they really do those wakes in the bar laying out the dead guy on a pool table like that? I told a friend of mine that theres no way Chicago PD would do something like that.

Do they really do those wakes in the bar laying out the dead guy on a pool table like that? I told a friend of mine that theres no way Chicago PD would do something like that.
Good question. One of my best friends retired from Baltimore City as a Det. in Narcotics. He got shot twice. Wearing his vest but took one to the shin and kinda fuked him up so they retired him. 66 2/3 tax free pension. Clears $42k a year. Win for life he calls it...lol. I will have to ask him.

He got shot twice. Wearing his vest but took one to the shin and kinda fuked him up so they retired him. 66 2/3 tax free pension. Clears $42k a year. Win for life he calls it...lol. I will have to ask him.

Not...Win for life is getting fuked while on a federal crime ie: chasing a bank robbery actor and you go out on 66 2/3 tax (state) then the fed picks up the other 33 1/3. 100 % tax free :biggrin:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com