Fastest v6

casper

I seen a video of freeman saying that they had the worlds fastest v6 at 7.26 @ 192? DID Mr Duttwiler run 6.89 @ 204? @Bristol1999

I seen a video of freeman saying that they had the worlds fastest v6 at 7.26 @ 192? DID Mr Duttwiler run 6.89 @ 204? @Bristol1999

Yes, but that was with a cutlass body.
So Duttweiler is the fastest and quickest Buick v6 in a door slammer but not with the Regal Body.
John Schmidt should have something to say with his DLS Powered Riviera once he gets the bugs worked out!

Fastest V-6 ?

He will be plenty fast, but still not a regal body, right?

bob

Didnt Kenny have an Oldsmobile block in the car when he ran that time?

Didnt Kenny have an Oldsmobile block in the car when he ran that time?

It was a "one off" block (actually there were two, Ronald Palm had one too) it used BBC caps and bearings (2.75 dia) and also had to use a front cover off an Oldsmobile and a custom oil pan. The oil pan rail was entirely different than a Buick. It was some type of factory hybrid. Kenny had that one in the Cutlass in Bristol, it was strange looking for sure. There were a lot of differences between that block and the run of the mill SII block and few similarities.

Yes, but that was with a cutlass body.
So Duttweiler is the fastest and quickest Buick v6 in a door slammer but not with the Regal Body.
John Schmidt should have something to say with his DLS Powered Riviera once he gets the bugs worked out!

When Len beats my 7.25, I am already preparing my "single turbo" excuse:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yea then that same 7.25 motor is going in this with twins:biggrin:

Attachments

• TWINCAR 001.jpg
    TWINCAR 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,305
Well I don't think Len Freeman is done yet. I expect that car will be the Buick benchmark. I don't care if it has one turbo or ten as long as it runs good!

Agreed that is one awesome car they have. Len is a great guy on top of it, class act!

That car of Bob Stanley ran 4.85 in 1/8 and had to lift and still ran 7.70 at reynolds. Just a thought

It was a "one off" block (actually there were two, Ronald Palm had one too) it used BBC caps and bearings (2.75 dia) and also had to use a front cover off an Oldsmobile and a custom oil pan. The oil pan rail was entirely different than a Buick. It was some type of factory hybrid. Kenny had that one in the Cutlass in Bristol, it was strange looking for sure. There were a lot of differences between that block and the run of the mill SII block and few similarities.

I was at his shop when he was building this motor.
The main caps are exposed like a SBC and the caps are a different.
This would probably justify an * next to the record.

When Len beats my 7.25, I am already preparing my "single turbo" excuse:biggrin: :biggrin:

If Bill took his motor out of the Regal and transplanted it into a Pro Stock Cobalt... Humm, he would not only eclipse Duttweiler's 6.89, but qualify in the top 5 of the NHRA Pro Stock field:eek: :eek:

The IHRA (Scooter Peacock) is seriously considering opening the Pro Stock up to Turbo charged cars (Supra's, Solara and the NOPI Crowd).... Just image Bill Anderson, John Schmidt and Freeman all wrecking HAVOC in Pro Stock just like Buddy Ingersoll... Can you say REVOLUTION:D

If Bill took his motor out of the Regal and transplanted it into a Pro Stock Cobalt... Humm, he would not only eclipse Duttweiler's 6.89, but qualify in the top 5 of the NHRA Pro Stock field:eek: :eek:

The IHRA (Scooter Peacock) is seriously considering opening the Pro Stock up to Turbo charged cars (Supra's, Solara and the NOPI Crowd).... Just image Bill Anderson, John Schmidt and Freeman all wrecking HAVOC in Pro Stock just like Buddy Ingersoll... Can you say REVOLUTION:D

That would be cool but I don't think anyone would build the Buick V6 for that purpose. The Toyotas have already gone 6.4 @ 220 and made more power than any Buick motor to date.