Fastest Streetcar Shootout

From what I found out today nobody from here is going. Heard that Paul took out High Tech?

Got the report from Tommy. No Buicks running tonight, and a poor turnout (bad weather maybe??). I'm at work right now, so in his words: "You aint missing anything".... :D

Re: UPDATE:

Originally posted by Geoff87
HFSCS cancelled due to rain!!

Oh boy lucky I did not go :p . Now what are they going to do have it next week saturday? Maybe mix FSC with Pro Import :D

Man, what a horrible event. No turbo Buicks, John Yee's Camaro wasn't there, and it rained!! I still don't know if it was officially rained out, but it was pouring when we (and lots of others) left at 9:00, before the first round of eliminations was supposed to start.

sorry A$$ street car race

man, what a piss poor excuse for a "Fastest Street Car Shootout"...it looked like another friday night at the track!!..i feel they have the race to close to each other, not even 6 months apart....

these are not the good old days...like the 1996/97 era.... REAL "Fastest Streetcar Shootout" that was promoted by hypersports, ever since Paul G. took over and started to promote the race, it has just gone down hill!!!...for those of you werent there back in those days, we had a FULL quick 8 class, and cars were in the 10's and dipping in the 9's!!!....the parking lot was full, i mean full, there was a line outside the gate just to get in!!...stands were full, standing rooom only!!...the promotions were so good back then, that we had our events covered by Turbo and Hi-tech Magazine, you know that national magazine..
i remember we even had a chassis dyno at the track...the import class kick ass too, as they were dipping in the 10's also.....bottom line--FASTEST STREETCAR SHOOTOUT KICKED ASS!!!(back then!!!)

anyone remember dougs 69 camaro?...they got the car in the 8's!!!...leaf spring suspension, real 10" slicks..the car just kicked ass....then there was the ford gang with henry tabios and travis from hypersports

well in light of all that, dougs car should be coming back out, ive got a real reliable source, ive also seen nakas turbo mustang, and should be coming out soon..when these cars come out to play then, i know a whole lot of other cars will start to come out to play also....dougs car was a crowd pleaser, and hopefully well get the cars back out to the track again, and we can see some real racing

Just my 2 sense!!!
Laterz!!!
Jeff

:D I remember those days of packed parking lots and full on drag racing. I have no idea who doug and the 69 camaro is...I do remember a red 69ish camaro doing some damage on the track. same one?

Turtle

Yup thats him, dont know any (here in Hawaii) excellent looking Red 69 camaro running 8's with real 10" slicks...

i know for sure that there going to bring the car back out...and hopefully we can bring the crowd back to the track!!!

Hell yah, I'd really like to see that car run again! the one thing I remember about that car was some story about them pitting at the top of the track and they couldnt hear the PA or something like that...the whole miscommunication thing so they lost or something. I forgot the whole story. that was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Well alot of it had to do with Paul G. running the event...dougs car just made a pass and paul g. wanted them to run the next round right away, not even considering the maintenance that's required in running tons of nitrous...so being the way paul is, i believe he disqualified doug's camaro...as you know it the word got around and the racers were pissed...so if you remember they had two mustangs racing in the finals...they both left hard and then got off the gas and cruised down to the finish, just to piss paul g off....well the rest of that is history and that was the beginning of the downfall of the "Fastest Streetcar Shootout"

thanks paul g!!!!!.:mad: :mad:

I heard Doug was disqualified after winning an earlier FSCS for not having a 9.90 license. That is one awesome car and I hope he brings it back out. And I heard they dried the track and continued and finished the racing after the rain passed.

John...yeah i heard about that too...not having his license to run under 10's, but i believe he did...anyways i remember they did some high 8 sec. passes at a pro gas race...oh well, that was then and this now...the camaro is coming back out, hopefully before the end of the year:confused: :confused:

FSCS

I agree this had to be the worst FSCS ever. Rain or not it was just ****ty. Imagine if the bikes weren't running. The race would have been over by 8pm.......lol What happen to all the fords and buicks. None of them where there. I remember back in the day when the shootouts were packed. Everyone was close together in performance numbers. I agree that the race where the 2 mustangs ****ed around was the begining of the down fall of the FSCS. But hey if I was Paul I wouldn't pay them either cause they cheated the crowd. Don't forget about all the rule changes people wanted then they don't show up to run. Since then everyone has moved on. The fords are parked the chevy guys got other toys and the imports are all full race cars. Even if the faster cars started comming backout i think it would be a dead event period.

As far as Doug goes the car will run again. I don't know when but as far as this year goes i wouldn't get your hopes up to much. But when it does run again i am sure its gonna be worth the wait.